Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How to get a “Trending” list from users posts

• murasaki
    Participant

@iamsincere

ok, as you all know twitter, and everyone else has a trending, usually more common in a search engine. I was wondering how one would go about showing a “trending topic” from phrases or topics users discuss the most. Like, if is all of my users were talking about the MTV awards, then it would show up as a trending topic.

I’m a little confused, cause i know this sounds just like a tag. But i thought only the administrator could add tags, in his or her blog post, not the users. But maybe im wrong…lol

Anybody have any clue what im talking about?

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Seems like many of us are looking for such feature

dennissmolek
    Participant

@dennissmolek

I think one thing to note is twitter uses the hashtag identifier and also is limited to 140 chars. You would have to search all the content in a blog post, filter the results, and compare.
    Twitter just takes all the #whatever tags and compares them. I dont think a plugin would be too hard but I dont think there is one that would do this.

There’s a plugin to use hashtags within buddypress activity (BuddyPress Activity Stream Hashtags). However as far as I know there’s no “trending topics” plug-in anywhere.

enderpal444
    Participant

@enderpal444

I was just trying to find a solution for this. Has anyone figured anything out?

enderpal444
    Participant

@enderpal444

BUMP Where is the genius on here that knows how to do this?

modemlooper

@modemlooper

What would be the basis for what concludes a trend?

Micheal Kennedy
    Participant

@intermike

Has the Hashtag plugin been updated for BP 1.5+ I’d be awesome if Trending topics were built into that – such as the most-frequent #hashtags are spit out as a widget or something. Kinda like how post tags can be done similar.

enderpal444
    Participant

@enderpal444

@modemlooper @InterMike Thats what I’m looking for. I use that plugin and it’s compatible with 1.5 and would just be amazing to show a trending hastags list with that.

tallmeerkat
    Participant

@toscalahiri

anyone make any progress on this?

Ben Hansen
    Participant

@ubernaut

maybe someone should add a feature request on trac. maybe one already exists?

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘How to get a “Trending” list from users posts’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar