Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How to make a Header like techboise.com

• among many http://techboise.com is the most great looking buddypress based website in internet.
    My question is how to make a techboise like header section with movable images and all you see on the base of buddypress default theme ?
    there are many people who would like to have such or near such website look of thier own buddypress based website ?

can anyone put a guide or something for this ?
    Thank in advance ….

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• LPH2005
    Participant

@lph2005

Unfortunately the site does not load. Maybe they are doing some maintenance.

for me its loading great , don’t what the issue , but this site has one of the beautiful theme on the platform of buddypress default theme …

LPH2005
    Participant

@lph2005

The site loads fine this morning.

YelllowBox has a small write up: http://yellowboxstudio.com/blog/techboise-boise-web-design/

Here is the css for the parallax script:

`#parallax-images {
    position: absolute;
    top: 0;
    left: 0;
    right: 0;
    overflow: hidden;
    width: 100%;
    height: 400px;
    margin: 0px auto;
    background: url(‘images/parallax/skyblue.jpg’) no-repeat top center;
    }
    .buildings { width: 2200px; height: 219px; padding-top: 90px; text-align: center;}
    .mountains1 { width: 2200px; height: 221px; padding-top: 110px; text-align: center; }
    .mountains2 { width: 2200px; height: 167px; padding-top: 75px; text-align: center; }
    .balloons { width: 1900px; height: 158px; } .balloons img { position: absolute; right: 250px; }
    .clouds { width: 2200px; height: 336px; text-align: center; }`

@LPH2005 Thanks a lot for your quick response ….

I went through the yellowboxstudio.com’s write-up on techboise.com .. Its nice….

But a step-by-step guide to implement jquery parallax on buddypress-default theme like techboise would be great

note: as I couldn’t understand how a single jpg file would do such thing (as only one jpg image is address in the css) when yellowboxstudio’s wrtie-up say the concept of 4 layers

please have a look
    thank you

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

@AnindyaRay There are at least 4 overlapping images in the background. Search for “parallax jquery” and you’ll get different ways to create that effect including one for parallax in header only. The trick is making sure that it won’t conflict with WP

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘How to make a Header like techboise.com’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar