Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Is there a way to alphabetize the “My Site” in the BP nav bar

• Right now they show in the order the sites are created. It would be better if it were alphabetized. Can I do this?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• @mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

@mercime Thanks. I don’t understand how to use that information though and the site says specifically to avoid “Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.”

It doesn’t look like an actually plugin but code to add to something.

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

@sp12 it is a plugin to filter the my sites list. Otto is one of top WP developers. Up to you whether you want to use the code or not.

@mercime Again, the problem I’m having is that I don’t see an actually plugin on that page, just some code. I ended up posting there for clarification.

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

@sp12 a plugin can be as simple as 3 lines of code which you can add in your theme’s functions.php file to one as sophisticated as the BuddyPress plugin.

For a multisite installation, it doesn’t make sense to just add it to your theme’s functions.php unless the main site and all user blogs are using the same theme/child themes.

In your case,
    1. copy the code Otto posted at stackexchange
    2. open a text editor
    3. paste the code
    4. save file as > alphabetsites.php
    5. create a new folder via FTP/file manager/etc. named mu-plugins inside wp-content/ folder
    6. upload alphabetsites.php tol mu-plugins folder

@mercime Thanks. That knowledge will help me in the future too.

I only alphabetize the dashboard navbar not the BP nav bar.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Is there a way to alphabetize the “My Site” in the BP nav bar’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar