Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Login Issues Redirect and Homepage

• Caderial
    Participant

@caderial

Hello everyone! New to the forums and i am in a bit of a pickle.

First the Deets:
    WP V.3.1.4
    Buddypress V1.2.8
    Buddypress Profile as Homepage v0.5
    Theme: bp-columns1.2

Alright So even before I enabled all my plugins I was having the issue that when the user logs in they are redirected to the home page still signed out. BUT if I navigate to another page on the site I’m suddenly logged in, or if I refresh. Next I tried to add the Buddypress Profile as Homepage plugin to see if that would redirect the user but alas to no avail.

You can test it out yourself here http://4villains.org/WPtestBed/

Any insights or help would be appreciated!

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Caderial
    Participant

@caderial

Anyone?

That’s a cool looking site. Did you activate the new member from the cpanel? I noticed yesterday that once someone signed up they showed up as a new member but not as logged in until I activated them. Hope this helps.

Caderial
    Participant

@caderial

Thanks! I’m pretty proud of it!

its showing all my members as active, It seems to only be on the one page that has issues if you login from any other page then the initial frontpage you login just fine. Its actually quite confusing…

Caderial
    Participant

@caderial

Still require resolution to this issue, its causing my users alot of grief, and I desperatlty want to go live with the site. Any help or suggestions please!?

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

Are you still on WP V.3.1.4 and Buddypress V1.2.8 or have you upgraded? Change to bp-default theme and see if same behavior applies.

I am getting the same thing? Anywhere i go on my site redirects me to the homepage as logged out? Even if I try to create a group it does it. Anyone?

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

Caderial
    Participant

@caderial

I have not Upgraded because i am waiting for it to become a bit more reliable lol as when i tried to upgrade it broke my forums and BP install. So yes still those versions.

So far i have tried:
    -Reverting to buddypress default theme
    -Turning off all my plugins and reactivating them one by one. (both default and Default BP theme)
    -Using BP profile as homepage ( which worked for the immediate login but when they click Home at the top they are seeming logged out until refresh again)

I also turned on and off and cleared my cache and cookies and am still encountering this problem with myself and several other users.

any suggestions?

ewebber
    Participant

@ewebber

@Caderial are you using caching on the site at all?

Caderial
    Participant

@caderial

I don’t have any Caching plugins installed if that’s what you mean, otherwise i haven’t made any changes to anything on the default wordpress or Buddypress install. Should i be using some sort of Cacheing? Might this resolve my issue?

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Login Issues Redirect and Homepage’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar