Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Member Area Problems

• Hi guys, I’m new here and in pretty desperate need of some help!

I am running a twentyten theme with buddypress add-ons… here – http://youareditched.com
    I cannot access the individual member pages and the members list is there but doesn’t seem to work when changing pages.

Also, (I’m sure it links) the toolbar only shows wordpress options not the pre-set site specific menus.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys!

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• noizeburger
    Participant

@noizeburger

Some information about your system: which wp-version, which bp-version, plugins?

Thanks for coming back to me.
    I’m running WordPress 3.1.4 and BuddyPress 1.0-RC1.
    Plug-Ins: Akismet, Janrain Engage, WP FollowMe, Easy Privacy Policy and All in one SEO

noizeburger
    Participant

@noizeburger

BuddyPress 1.0-RC1? Sure? Not 1.2.8? Is your theme the standard-wp-theme? If so, you need to install bp-template-pack or search with google, there is an adapted twentyten for buddypress out there.

noizeburger
    Participant

@noizeburger

I’ve tried to register on your site – got an email with the activation-link, but none with my login credentials. Not sure, Janrain Engage works fully with BP. Login via Twitter also does not work.

That’s changed today. Not sure why to be honest, trying trial and error….the destinations have been confused somewhere. Could be janrain…thanks for letting me know though.

I’ve tried the bp template pack process but it doesnt seem to work. I installed the plug-in however it did not bring up the appearance options…so I moved the files manually and it hasn’t worked.

Sorry its not an easy solution! Thank you for your help so far though. Im running a standard wp theme. How would I find out what the BuddyPress version is? Im pretty sure it is 1.0-RC1.

Sorry, Im all new at this!

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

@kelky7 go to your plugins page e.g. http://yoursite.com/wp-admin/plugins.php and the version number will show up there. It does look like you’re using the old version of BP. Recommend that you back up your DB and server files then upgrade to 1.1, then to 1.2, 1.2.5, then to latest BP 1.2.8 version.

HI @mercime

I can’t seem to find it. Which plugin would it be displayed on? The updates screen says that all plugins, themes and wordpress is up to date?

Thanks for the response!

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

Go to Admin Dashboard menu Plugins > plugins and you’ll the list of plugins and descriptions. Go to Buddypress and note the version number stated in description.

@mercime it wasn’t installed at all… now thats confused me!

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

I was suspecting something was awry when I saw this in your page source previously with wp-content/mu-plugins/bp-core/something.js. Now all I see are blank pages. Installing BP?

Yep, was a disaster. I cannot understand whats happening with buddypress at all. Tried updating and didnt change a thing. Now at least the site is active again. Im getting globalgold to run a backup restore to the 28th. Hopefully I can work from there.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Member Area Problems’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar