Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

moved buddypress to new server and i get 404 errors on all pages.

• Michael
    Participant

@michaelqt

I just recently setup my own webserver and decided to transfer the files over to it. The only page that works is the main page and all the links like (members, activity, groups, forum, etc.) ends up with a 404 not found error. Does anyone know what can be the cause of this?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Virtuali
    Participant

@gunju2221

@michael,The 404 errors tell you that the buddypress contents have not been correctly transfered. Did you complete the Buddypress Template Pack Steps? (e.g templates)

If you have, try manually bringing the files over to your new server via FTP, or any other hosts you use.

Michael
    Participant

@michaelqt

I didnt do a fresh install, what I did was transfer all the files from public_html folder to my computer and then transferrred it over to my new server via FTP. I then edit the wp_config file to fix the sql connection info. The front page loads up properly but all the links to any other folder like /members, /groups, etc end up with a 404 not found error.

Have you visited the permalinks page to force a flushing of the cache and can you definitely write to the .htaccess file.

Michael
    Participant

@michaelqt

force a flushing of the cache in permalinks? How do you do that? And what do you mean by definitely write to the .htaccess?

Just visiting the page flushes , you can also just do a quick save to ensure there are no messages along the lines of “this is what we would have written to your file if it had been possible”

Michael
    Participant

@michaelqt

yeah i did visit the permalinks and updated it, still no luck.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘moved buddypress to new server and i get 404 errors on all pages.’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar