Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Multiple registration pages

• dorothy sulzmann
    Participant

@dorothysulzmann

I’m building this website – http://www.ineedyourskills.com and on the register page i have 4 sections – the standard account part and then a section for DJs and another for Venues and another for promoters. Can i have a basic registration page with three buttons saying – DJS, Venus and Promoters and when the user click on one of them they are directed to a coresponding registration page?
    Many thanks in advance

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• techguy
    Participant

@crashutah

Right now there’s no really easy way to modify the registration process that way. it’s possible if you know PHP (Boone’s done something close to it), but it’s not very easy right now. Or if you don’t code and have some cash, you could pay a developer to add this feature for you.

Rose Taylor
    Participant

@questus5

I see that you are displaying 3 profile groups. How did you manage to get multiple profile groups to show in your registration. I can only get the default group to show and would like to add another one. Any help would be appreciated.

@questus5

Look at your bp admin section, you will see the custom profile link you use that to create new groups and fields, as long as a new group is created under the ‘Base’ level then it will appear on the registration page.

@dorothysulzmann
    As a workaround I would move the three type selections labeled ‘Fan off’? to just after the primary details and use the tree types as just that to confer a user type to each member but also run a simple jQuery show/hide on the further groups so all are hidden and then a check is performed to catch the radio selection and the appropriate group revealed with perhaps a ‘none’ control selection default.

The proper approach would be to complete a section and then pass the form control fields in a session or buffer to the next view to complete further sections but with BP that will likely start to get complicated, as techguy says there is no quick easy way to do this but with client side scripting it wouldn’t be that difficult.

dorothy sulzmann
    Participant

@dorothysulzmann

Wow you know your stuff hnla! I get what you mean and will have a look at the jQuery show/hide bit – do you know where i can find this information?

@questus5
    i found the details here for showing other profile groups – https://buddypress.org/community/groups/how-to-and-troubleshooting/forum/topic/how-to-show-multiple-profile-field-groups-on-register-php/

Cheers for all your help guys!

Roger Coathup
    Participant

@rogercoathup

@dorothysulzmann

No short cuts on jQuery – but it’s quite straightforward to setup a simple script like you’ll need: their site is good and full of useful examples: http://jquery.com/

show() and hide() are basic jQuery – and there are plenty of animation options you can apply.

Also, take a look in the WordPress codex re: wp_enqueue_script – their recommended way of loading javascripts.

Rose Taylor
    Participant

@questus5

@hnla

Thanks for the help. I understand how to create additional groups and fields. In there it says only fields added to the base group or ID=1 will be displayed on the registration page. Looking at Dorothy’s page it looks like she has multiple groups in there. I wanted to do the same. I don’t see a way of creating a group under that base group.

I could create all of the fields under the base group but this will cause display issues under the profile. I want certain info to display in a certain order (company and contact information). Code in register.php only calls one group. Not proficient in php enough to change it to call one or more by ID. Obviously the base group is 1. Can change this to any other but need to add multiple. i.e. group 1 and 3. Any ideas would help me a lot.

<?php if ( function_exists( 'bp_has_profile' ) ) : if ( bp_has_profile( 'profile_group_id=1' ) ) : while ( bp_profile_groups() ) : bp_the_profile_group(); ?
    missing closing at the end i know
    Do you know also why all of the information in a profile display as a link? Please see http://marketplace.questus5.com for more information. Thanks in advance for any help.

You just need to replicate the whole section after the `if(function_exists(‘bp_has_profile’)) :` but pass the parameter for the group required i.e ‘profile_group_id=2’

I’ll warn you in advance the trick is going to be working through the mire of if/elses there’s a mess of them, tha whole page should have could have been written better!

There’s a plugin to deal with the links in profiles, look through the plugin list .

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Multiple registration pages’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar