Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

My site has disappeared

• Elena Amicus
    Participant

@sparkwithin

My site is located at http://spiralinward.com . I already have a forum attached, via Mybb, but I thought the BuddyPress might be a neat idea for our members from the main site. I installed it, updated the templates as suggested. And it was fine.
    Then, I thought perhaps I would browse other buddypress templates and try one, because the font and links did not look quite right. I installed the basic white one (first one available when I searched Buddypress from the install theme section) and since then it has gone blank. My wpadmin is completely blank. I can hit ‘back’ and then a screen will show up but as soon as I click on anything on the page, it’s blank. So I can’t uninstall anything and Im a bit lost. Any ideas as to what may have happened?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• techguy
    Participant

@crashutah

Delete the theme that you activated from the theme directory. If that’s what caused the error, then deleting it should revert to a different theme.

If that doesn’t work, you can rename the buddypress plugin folder (which essentially disables it) so that you’ll be back to square one before you enabled BP.

Not sure what caused this. I want to say it’s the theme, but not sure since you said the admin pages don’t load either.

Elena Amicus
    Participant

@sparkwithin

Thank you for your comment. Unfortunately, I am unable to get into my theme directory for some reason. Im using filezilla, and I guess Im not using the right passcode. Really odd. I’ll harass my web guy and see if he can get to the files. :(
    Oh, and it was buddymatic that I installed.

Elena Amicus
    Participant

@sparkwithin

I found this at a forum… I guess my problem was, I had first installed the BuddyPress templates and THEN put Buddymatic in. Hopefully I fix it. yikes.

Ron says:
    April 10, 2010 at 4:30 pm
    Buddymatic is Thematic with a few extra functions and the BuddyPress templates. If you did something like make Thematic a Buddymatic child (or visa versa), you would get that result. Also, if you are running the BP template pack, you MUST remove it before activating Buddymatic.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘My site has disappeared’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar