Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

New user can’t register from BuddyPress, register working fine from WordPress.

• Hi all,
    running WP 3.0.4 with BP 1.2.8. Using the default BP theme.

Strange issue with user registration:

1. When BP is inactive, new users can register with no problem.
    2. When BP is active, using /register/ the page seems to be completely submitted, but then the user is redirected to home, and the new user is not saved.

Any thoughts? I have been searching for a solution to no avail.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• @mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

– Deactivate all plugins except BuddyPress and check registration.

Edit- see also different solutions in this thread https://buddypress.org/community/groups/how-to-and-troubleshooting/forum/topic/registration-link-redirects-to-home-page/

Hate to say it, but I am having the same issue using WP 3.1.1 and BP 1.2.8

This is using the BP Default Theme.

Same behavior too, as it redirects after registration to the main site url. This is NOT in the root of the web server, but a sub direction if it matters (domain.com/_news/)

There seem to be issues surrounding this all across the forums with mixed updates. Anyone definitively have the solution for this as it seems people either post and figure it out or post and give up?

Thanks in advance!

Well, I have gotten past this issue. I am not sure its related, but I changed the permalinks before enabling buddypress to “day and month”. This seemed to resolve I think. Otherwise I am without a clue. Tried so many variations to get this to work without much systematic success. I hate random failure OR success in software.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘New user can’t register from BuddyPress, register working fine from WordPress.’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar