Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

page title in BP

• gwu123
    Participant

@gwu123

I created a page with title “Terms”, when I see the html element it says “my-blog-name | Home “.</p> <p>this is printed out by in header.php</p> <p>How can i get it to print “my-blog-name | Terms” ?</p> <p>thnks

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• Anton
    Participant

@antonrsa

Have the same problem, and I believe most do

Is this on regular WordPress or on multisites?

Anton
    Participant

@antonrsa

Regular WP

gwu123
    Participant

@gwu123

WP 3, BP 1.2.5.2

intimez
    Participant

@intimez

@gwu123 @antonrsa @DJPaul

If you feel same as this issue
    https://trac.buddypress.org/ticket/2548

Add your info by using same login/password as here

No mod/developer confirm my post as bug until now. Good job!

Beck B
    Participant

@beckb

Interesting. I hadn’t noticed. Also it doesn’t happen on second-level pages, just first-level….but second level pages don’t show the full breadcrumbs in title. I’ll visit the ticket, too.

Beck B
    Participant

@beckb

Ah. The ticket is for custom links. I’m not sure what that means, actually. I could be wrong, but I don’t think that’s the problem on my site.

nickmy
    Participant

@nickmy

@djpaul how can we add the topic title in the header in the title??

Builder
    Participant

@bpuser44

Is this matter of printing correct meta titles by the header.php already fixed somewhere? Should we do something?

Roger Coathup
    Participant

@rogercoathup

Builder
    Participant

@bpuser44

Thank you Roger! I’ve been reading the thread, and another one where your help is also perfect. I now have to educate myself on how to create/etc. all regarding the bp_custom.php file. Or perhaps purchase a tutorial/s or consulting from someone here who is already advanced, to speed up the learning!

Roger Coathup
    Participant

@rogercoathup

@bpuser44 : Thanks for the positive feedback. I hit the support forums a little hard over the weekend.

You can find stuff on bp-custom.php and / or functions.php (which can be used for similar things in your theme folder) by searching the forums. BuddyPress development is not as simple as WordPress theming – you are looking at hooks, filters, and reworking core functions a lot more in BP. This should lessen as the API develops in future releases.

BP would benefit no end from a great set of developer tutorials; finding the resource (right people) and time to write them is the big challenge in the Open Source world.

There was a short lived job board forum on the site – that would be a great place to advertise and for you to find BuddyPress consultants, plugin developers, and website designers. Unfortunately, the board was taken down – I don’t know why. We have a current freelance opportunity for a skilled BuddyPress developer, but nowhere effective to advertise it – which is really frustrating.

Most of our work is on commercial BuddyPress developments – so feel free to give me a shout if you want to explore the consultancy route (http://21inspired.com).

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘page title in BP’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar