Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Photography website. some uncertain things

• First, i am not sure if this is the right thread. If not, mods please help me to move it, i dont find any link to forum topics, i just click breadcrumb links and brought me here.

I have 2 questions. I want to make photo sharing site, or photo submission site. I want to use Buddypress since i am a big fan of WP. The site will be a simple community site, which has all the Buddypress has to offer, EXCEPT, the members cannot create their own gallery, me as admin will create and they can submit their photos to the category i created. Such as, Black & White, Landscape, etc.

1. Since WP 3.0.1 is released, do i need to install Buddypress or the WP itself is enough since WP 3.0.1 support multisites.
    2. I know a few Buddypress plugins for media sharing such as buddypress media, but if i am not mistaken all those plugin allow members create their own gallery right? What i want is they just can submit their photos to the categories created by me, rating it, comment it and share it via social networks. Is this possible?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• paulhastings0
    Participant

@paulhastings0

As long as your users won’t need to create their own blogs, then BuddyPress installed with regular WordPress should be fine. I don’t know of any BuddyPress-specific plugins that’ll accomplish what you’re asking, but I think if you browse around in the WP plugin directory you might find some suitable solutions.

Roger Coathup
    Participant

@rogercoathup

Re: 2

Probably best is to create a custom post type for the photos in your main blog.

Then add a bespoke front end form to let users upload photos (as new posts) in your main blog.

You can then use built in WP commenting, and off the shelf plugins for ratings and social sharing

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

Hi @dzulfriday The BP Gallery plugin by @sbrajesh can accomplish what you need. It’s a premium plugin at this time. Don’t let the RC version deter you, many of us have been using it in live sites since early this year and support by Brajesh is excellent – the plugin is updated per BP/WP upgrades etc. The Site Admin can allow or disallow user-created albums and can limit album creation by groups only or by users only or both if you prefer. And so much more features are available and working.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Photography website. some uncertain things’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar