Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Preview of Pages and Posts not working with BP 1.5.1

• Howdy – I can’t preview blog posts and pages.

When I click “Preview” of a New Post or Page, I see the Activity page (which is set as my home page), not the Post or Page. The URL in the browser address bar reads myweb/?p=249&preview=true.

Ugly links (/?p=N), inside pages do not work either.

Settings: WP 3.2.1, BP 1.5.1 with default BP Theme 1.5.1, Permalinks = Day and Name

Guess I got a setting wrong somewhere. This is working correctly on another BP 1.2 site I have.

Thanks for your help!

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• @mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

Re-run Settings > Permalinks. Check .htaccess file in root of WP installation – was it generated at all? what’s in your file?

Thanks for responding @mercime. I found the cause. I reported a bug on Trac (3747).

When Front page = a Static BuddyPress page (eg, Activity), the previews do not work, nor do ugly links inside pages test page

When front page = Static Page (= a not BP Page), the previews work correctly, and also the ugly links inside pages test page

When I select Front Page = Forums, I get a “This webpage has a redirect loop” error.

I tested this on my installation, after deactivating all plugins and the default theme. I checked .htaccess, and it is correct.

I reproduced this on a new WP 3.2.1. install, with BP 1.5.1. , on a separate domain.

Boone Gorges
    Keymaster

@boonebgorges

@henrybcn Thanks for the bug report!

@boonebgorges sure. You don’t happen to have a patch for this? It is a pretty severe issue – as site links, written in ugly format, stop working. So, anybody upgrading to 1.5, with front page = Activity has a major problem. thanks!

ewebber
    Participant

@ewebber

I just came across this same issue, I can’t preview posts – it also affects viewing the digest queue from group email subscriptions which adds /?sum=1 to the end of the url

I also tried testing setting the homepage to a static page and can confirm that with the static page I can preview and see the /?sum=1 preview

As on https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3747, we’ve fixed this in BuddyPress 1.5.2 and BuddyPress 1.6. 1.5.2 will come out same day as WordPress 3.3. If anyone needs this fix sooner, try to backport it from that ticket.

ewebber
    Participant

@ewebber

Great stuff, cheers for the update @djpaul

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Preview of Pages and Posts not working with BP 1.5.1’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar