Categories
Search
Bottom

Problem with activation

• profitsbuzz
    Participant

@profitsbuzz

Hello people,

I am using WordPress MU 2.8.5.2. and buddypress 1.1.1 and faced this problem about new member registration. They are able to register but not able to activate their account. Please advice what could be done.

Sorry if this a repeat of question, but after searching 10 pages. I got a little lost.

Thanks

Viewing 19 replies - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You are using outdated versions of both WPMU and BuddyPress. I urge you to upgrade.

There was a bug in some previous version of BuddyPress to do with the wrong link being put on to the activation emails, but without knowing exactly why people can’t activate their accounts (i.e. do they get the emails? Does the link work? What happens?) it is tough to provide specific advice.

profitsbuzz
    Participant

@profitsbuzz

Oh thanks Paul,

I thought it is a problem on my site, I would tried to re in stall the program and see how it goes

Xevo
    Participant

@xevo

This problem will stay even if you upgrade.

See the solution here: http://mirlo.cl/how-to/fix-for-signup-and-activation-pages/

profitsbuzz
    Participant

@profitsbuzz

Yes the problems remains even after I upgrade to wpmu 2.8.6 with bp 1.1.2, Xevo I been to the link you posted, however I do not understand where to insert the code? Are you able to advice?

r-a-y
    Keymaster

@r-a-y

profitsbuzz, are you using the deprecated theme format?

profitsbuzz
    Participant

@profitsbuzz

Well ray I am using a ines theme. I hope is it not deprecated forum. I have seen it work, somehow the other person did not have the same problem as I have I am trying to find out why.

If you are using a custom theme, switch to the default theme. It should work – if it does, you’ll need to merge the default theme functions.php with that of your custom theme’s.

profitsbuzz
    Participant

@profitsbuzz

Hello Paul I faced the same problem even after I switch to default page. So it is not the problem with the theme I guess.

I have the same, or similar, issue.

I’m started with WPMU 2.8.4, FR version, then did the automatic upgrade. I installed Buddypress, the default theme and the parent. When a user tries to activate his account, the go to this sort of URL http://ux-paris.com/wp-activate.php?key=7c9a743c9ff98355 which throws the following error: Fatal error: Call to undefined function bp_page_title() in /home1/thelayen/public_html/uxparis/wp-content/themes/bp-sn-parent/header.php on line 9.

FWIW, in the Buddypress admin panel, it shows that “My current theme is not BP compatible”…but my current them is BP Default?

Any ideas?

jkovis
    Participant

@jkovis

You are using outdated versions of both WPMU and BuddyPress. I urge you to upgrade.

I also had the same problem last night on a fresh svn check out of https://svn.buddypress.org/branches/1.1/

I just updated to newly released 1.1.3 and now the correct activation link is sent.

I’m having this problem with the latest trunk as well… using the default theme. But I guess that goes with the territory.

Kim Gjerstad
    Participant

@kgjerstad

DJPaul offers good advice… A similar issue was raised and confirmed here:

https://trac.buddypress.org/ticket/1265

This issue was resolved (in my case) by upgrading to the version 1.1.3 (just came out). See release history:

https://buddypress.org/about/release-history/#1.1.3

If you still have an issue, try disabling Buddypress and try to reproduce the problem. If the issue is still there without Buddypress, search in the MU forums.

I’m getting the issue with the latest trunk and a completely virgin default theme. Activation works fine without BP active. But I’m not complaining. I’m running the ‘bleeding edge’… so I expect bugs.

Xevo
    Participant

@xevo

@ David Lewis: Buddypress 1.1.3 is the latest “bleeding edge”, isn’t it? And that fix I posted earlier doesn’t work?

BuddyPress 1.1.3 is the newly released, stable version. The current ‘trunk’ represents the work which will become BP 1.2.

@Xevo – Probably does work. Never tried it. “bleeding” = latest trunk… beyond 1.1.3.

The activation problem is fixed in 1.1.3 and in the latest trunk 1.2-bleeding

mteodor
    Participant

@mteodor

I have the same problem with the latest WP MU and BP versions… Does someone found a solution for fixing it? Thanks.

@mteodor
    This thread is 1 year, 1 month old. I’m going to close it as so much has changed in that time. Please create a new topic and provide full details of your problem and information about your site (version numbers, theme, and so on).

Viewing 19 replies - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • The topic ‘Problem with activation’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar