Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Remove login/sign up section from header?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Do you refer to the links in the adminbar at the top of the layout? If so then you can remove them both by adding this line:

remove_action(‘bp_adminbar_menus’, ‘bp_adminbar_login_menu’, 2);

To a ‘bp-custom.php’ file in the plugins directory

Euclides
    Participant

@panafff

Yes, just like this site http://buddypress.org , I just want the log in area in the right side, I am going to try your code and Ill let you know if it worked, thank you!

Euclides
    Participant

@panafff

Hey hnla I just realized that I do not have any ‘bp-custom.php’ file in my plugins folder, do I need to create it and just insert the code remove_action(‘bp_adminbar_menus’, ‘bp_adminbar_login_menu’, 2);
    ?

Euclides
    Participant

@panafff

I did that and the log in dissapear but instead it was replace but the code itself: remove_action(‘bp_adminbar_menus’, ‘bp_adminbar_login_menu’, 2); hahaha I am using IE 6 by the way and running latest buddypress version and wordpress and also the default theme, I am not at home at this moment.

Euclides
    Participant

@panafff

I had to remove it using a plugin called: remove buddypress admin bar

If the actual snippet of code was parsed / rendered then it sounds as though you didn’t surround the code in the required PHP tags i.e:

<?php
    remove_action(‘bp_adminbar_menus’, ‘bp_adminbar_login_menu’, 2);
    ?>

You do not really need to use a plugin and that suggeststhat it removes the entire adminbar? is that what you want?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Remove login/sign up section from header?’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar