Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Removing site name from admin bar

• smush

@smush

Hi

I have been trying to remove certain items from the admin bar which appear at the top of all WordPress pages. I’ve managed to remove the ‘visit’ menu from it by reading a forum elsewhere but I have had no luck with researching how to remove the site name that appears first on the left of the admin bar. Does anyone here know how I can do it? as it’s driving me crazy.

Thanks

PS – This BuddyPress site has managed to do it. it has ‘My Account’ and ‘Notifications’ but no site name such as ‘BuddyPress’ in that same bar unlike my site.

PPS – I’ve just figured out I can remove it by not having a site title but then it disappears from the header too which is not what I want.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• @mikey3d
    Participant

@mikey3d

In your child theme, open adminbar.css and add #admin-bar-logo{display:none} that it.

Hugo Ashmore
    Keymaster

@hnla

Easiest way to research how is to examine the two core files responsible for the adminbar/buddybar:
    buddtpressbp-corebp-core-buddybar.php & bp-core-adminbar.php

CSS is only a presentational language, display:none not the best way of hiding/removing something

to remove the site name completely add to your functions.php file in a child theme or in bp-custom.php in plugins folder this line:

`remove_action( ‘bp_adminbar_logo’, ‘bp_adminbar_logo’ );`

@mikey3d
    Participant

@mikey3d

If you are doing a research about (display:none), no one said it’s not the best way to use it. There is a purpose for using (display:none) to hide and it does not remove it.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Removing site name from admin bar’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar