Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

renaming tabs

• nehal
    Participant

@nelnehal

hi i am new to buddypress, and i was wondering how to rename header tabs (groups, forums) etc both in wordpress mu and wordpress.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• paulhastings0
    Participant

@paulhastings0

You can either edit the header.php file of your theme, or create your own custom language file. I’d probably try the latter: https://buddypress.org/community/groups/how-to-and-troubleshooting/forum/topic/how-to-rename-the-favorite-button-on-the-activity-stream/

Mark
    Participant

@codeispoetry

Do note though that the custom language solution doesn’t work if you want to customize text only in one place.

For example, I want to rename ‘Home’ in the Group subnav to ‘Discussion’. Can’t be done using the language file for that would change all occurrences sitewide. I’m still at a loss how to do this, short of redifining bp_get_options_nav() (which I don’t like for other reasons).

Will D. White
    Participant

@willdwhite

I know this is an old topic, but its in the top results of Google when trying to find a solution for this.

So, to help save other people time (who land on this page when Google’ing this situation) here’s the fastest fix I’ve come across so far.

Create a file called “bp_custom.php”.

In it add:

function bbg_change_tabs() {

global $bp;
    $bp->bp_nav = ‘New Profile Verbiage’;
    $bp->bp_nav = ‘New Activity Verbiage’;
    $bp->bp_nav = ‘New Friends Verbiage’;
    $bp->bp_nav = ‘New Groups Verbiage’;
    }
    add_action( ‘bp_setup_nav’, ‘bbg_change_tabs’, 999 );

Replace the “New W/e Verbiage” with what you want it to say.
    Double check that BuddyPress forums didn’t change any foot marks to apostrophes.
    Save bp_custom.php and upload the file to /wp-contents/plugins/

Refresh your page to see if it worked.

So far it works for me just fine.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘renaming tabs’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar