Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Reply Button Not Working

• Something strange is happening on my website. Since I changed my theme, I had to add my own Reply and Favourite buttons, and I added the following code to my themes activity/entry.php file:

`

<a href="” class=”acomment-reply” id=”acomment-comment-“> ()

<a href="” class=”fav” title=””>

<a href="” class=”unfav” title=””>

`

This same code works on the BuddyPress Mobile Theme, but for some reason not on my computer theme. The Favourite button works fine, just not the reply button. I would click on reply, the page would refresh, and then it would just look the same with no reply entry box. It even goes to the Reply URL:

http://fitness-social.com/jamiewade/activity/friends?ac=346/#ac-form-346

Any help would be appreciated.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

• Virtuali
    Participant

@gunju2221

You shouldn’t need to add the buttons manually again. If you changed themes, make sure you go through the template pack instruction steps again. If they still don’t show up, I would contact theme support to see if it’s buddypress compatible.

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

I’ve seen this problem in the forums and it’s because some BP themes have not been updated. In this case, I see that you’re using the “Version: 1.1 RC1” of CosmicBuddy. The theme has been updated in “Version 1.2 RC2 Update 1” http://buddydev.com/themes/cosmic-buddy/

@mercime Oh yes that might be the problem, I am using Cosmic Buddy Ver.1.1 I will update later on this afternoon and let you know if it works. Thanks for your help! :)

@mercime Ok I installed the Cosmic Buddy update and it hasn’t solved my problem :( Just like before, all the “Reply”, “Favourite! etc buttons were gone and I had to add them in manually. I added the code for the reply button and it didn’t work.

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

@JamieWade either follow up with theme dev for update or change theme.

@mercime Hmm, I deactivated all the plugins, but still didn’t work. The problem is, that the person who made my theme hasn’t been active on here for over a year, so I think its unlikely I can get into contact with him :/

Bump.

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

== so I think its unlikely I can get into contact with him ==

@JamieWade I would recommend you leave a message for @sbrajesh at at his site because he’s the one who can address necessary updates to the theme..

Brajesh Singh
    Participant

@sbrajesh

@mercime, thanks for supporting the theme here.

@JamieWade I am putting a new version of CB in next 3-4 days which will support the activity reply. If you have other feature suggestion please do let me know here or on the cosmic buddy’s blog page. sorry for the delayed reply.

im having the same issue, and some people are not. and a few people are not. ive tried about everything i can thing of. the reply button is not working. ive never touched any code or anything. this sucks

Brajesh Singh
    Participant

@sbrajesh

@dubsel
    Get the update from here https://github.com/sbrajesh/cosmicbuddy
    It supports activities/reply.

im using randy candy theme. id like to keep using it. i guess i need an update of some sort

Brajesh Singh
    Participant

@sbrajesh

ooh, Since the thread was regarding cosmic buddy I misunderstood that. sorry.
    Isn’t Randy Candy a child theme of BuddyPress ? If yes, then you won’t need to update much. It should be some simple fix.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Reply Button Not Working’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar