Categories
Search
Bottom

Root Groups Profiles

• bpisimone
    Participant

@bpisimone

I was wondering is there a way to

have group profiles in the root similar to define ( ‘BP_ENABLE_ROOT_PROFILES’, true ); which would be example.com/group?

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• bpisimone
    Participant

@bpisimone

Ok after 5 days a little bump!

It’s not possible (everything always is, but this isn’t a built in toggle and it would take someone a lot of time to figure out).

bpisimone
    Participant

@bpisimone

Hmm ok that’s a pity.

I want to do the same thing, have you ever figured it out?

bump

r-a-y
    Keymaster

@r-a-y

Paul already mentioned this. It’s possible, but requires some workarounds.

You’d need to unhook how BuddyPress catches URI requests and route them to groups.

The comments below are for people who know their way around WordPress:

– The catch URI function in BP is the bp_core_set_uri_globals() function located in /bp-core/bp-core-catchuri.php.
    – You can unhook this from the “bp_loaded” action. Then write your own function to catch URI requests. Would be good to duplicate the function and look at the BP_ENABLE_ROOT_PROFILES section of the code to modify it to read groups.

Hope that gives you some pointers!

Awesome thanks @r-a-y for for the direction. I will report tomorrow when I get back to this!

Well, I could waste all day on this and never get it so I am going to move on. Just too far over my head it seems.
    Thanks anyways @r-a-y

Well it was just for one group essentially, the others I would have used the Group Hierarchy to have a slug anyways. So for the one group that is not like the others, I just made a page template with a full page iframe of the source group. It sucks because the urls don’t change as you navigate within the group but I think it makes more sense.

I hope to see this toggle introduced in future versions of wordpress.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Root Groups Profiles’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar