Categories
Search
Bottom

Showing latest forum posts in home page

• PS
    Participant

@psbuddy

Hi,
    How can I show the latest say 5 forum posts and/or topics in the home page (or any custom page for that matter)?
    Would appreciate a quick reply as I need this urgently but haven’t found anything on any forum so far.

Thanks in advance.
    PS

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • you can call out the loop bp_has_forum_topics('no_stickies=no&type=newest&page=false&max=5')

have a look at the default/groups/single/forum/topic.php for an example

or if you use the group forum extras plugin – i have a widget for latest topics bundled in the index subplugin

Krektor
    Participant

@ffdltd

Hi,

I am trying to do this at the moment, but cant seem to get it to work. It just breaks my page.

I just want to list forum topics on my index.php page (site homepage).

I have tried a few variations of the code, with nothing but a blank white page. WP 3.0.1 and BP 1.2.6.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

amos78

@amos78

Hi anyone!!

I tried to implement the group forum extras plugin on my BP website but I only get this error message in the plugin:! :

Fatal error: Call to undefined function bp_forum_extras_blogs_component() in /homez.231/pronobet/www/la-communaute-des-parieurs-en-ligne/wp-content/plugins/buddypress-group-forum-extras/bp-forum-extras-index.php on line 296

It would be nice if you have an advice to solve it please!!

Thanks in advance !

Virtuali
    Participant

@gunju2221

Plugin is outdated. Rich does not have the time anymore to update his plugins.

bgextensions

@bgextensions

New widget bp-recent-topics do it. It shows custom options: author topic, freshness author, date, excerpt, avatars, group, group avatar.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Showing latest forum posts in home page’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar