Categories
Search
Bottom

Sidebar Missing from Profile/Member Pages

• eliserochelle
    Participant

@eliserochelle

Hi,
    I’m using a non-buddypress theme and the alignment all looks fine except the sidebar is comepletely missing. There is no div for a sidebar in the theme’s page.php but it is a 2 column layout (there’s an option on pages to select the sidebar). Should I manually include the sidebar div on the themes pages?

Also, how to you add the other sidebar items like the stats (last logged on, updates etc) as per this site?

Thanks,
    Elise

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• eliserochelle
    Participant

@eliserochelle

Just realised I need to edit the widget section for the sidebar to show … oops.

In my buddypress pages the sidebar appears at the bottom of the page but displays in the correct position on the non-buddypress pages … I think I need to play around with the div structure as they appear to be named differently. I’ll post if I get stuck.

I have the same problem but I have no clue what eliserochelle said, “Just realised I need to edit the widget section for the sidebar to show … oops,” meant about the widgets. Using the theme “fastFood” which is awesome, but very not buddy press friendly. My blog’s sidebar displays at he bottom, but there’s nothing on the side for buddy press. Please help!

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

== My blog’s sidebar displays at he bottom, but there’s nothing on the side for buddy press. ==

@lizdavalos it very well might that you haven’t made the necessary HTML revamping of the BP template files moved over to the folder of your active WP theme. i.e. you need to impose the HTML structure of your WP theme onto said BP template files – those wil get_header at top and get_footer at bottom.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Sidebar Missing from Profile/Member Pages’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar