Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

• Hi ,
    I have just installed BP and tried to signup as a new member but when i click on it,, it redirects to error page. What to do ? even all other BP links are redirecting to error pages. Please guide me..

Thanks,
    Chenna

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Tammie Lister

@karmatosed

Oh that’s no fun going straight to an error page. Could you let me know if you set the pages up linking to each other when you installed BuddyPress? If so can you do a ‘sanity check’ and take off all other plugins and clear your cache then try again. Something else may be interfering.

Should none of that work if you can either provide a link or respond back with a few more details like what theme you are using that would be great.

i have been working in localhost URL is like: http://abcdev.arn/dcomm (i installed wordpress under this folder, and i installed BP, BB press plugins only. Theme is buddypress default theme).

I created 1 menu, 4 cusom categories (for my specific purpose). After installing BP, i got a message like—->: “BuddyPress is almost ready. You must update your permalink structure to something other than the default for it to work.”

If i change the permalink to other structure, my custom categories are redirects to error page. But the BuddyPress links are redirecting to error pages in either case!!

On top of the home page i can see “login”, “sign up” links. login is working fine but sign up is giving error like —> “The requested URL /dcomm/register/ was not found on this server.”

Please ask me for any other details you require..

Thanks,
    Chenna

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

If you’re using BP 1.5.6 with WP 3.4, you should have gone through the BuddyPress Installation Wizard after activating BuddyPress.

If you did not, go to dashboard menu BuddyPress > Pages and create or assign pages to all your BuddyPress components. After that, you should also check other menu BuddyPress > Components and the like.

I seem to be having a similar problem when a new user registers the user gets redirected to a WP page saying are you sure you want to do this.

This occurs only in safari – or it seems. can anyone help?

I have gone through Buddy Press installation wizard. But do i need to create the folders and pages under the path the links showing when i hover my mouse on to the BPress dash board ? For example when i hover mouse onto “MyAccount” the URL is showing like “http://www.chinnadev.arn/dcomm/members/admin/”…. it is resulting to “Not Found” page… basically there is no folder like “members” and “admin” under the directory structure.. what to do ?

Thanks,
    Chenna

> If i change the permalink to other structure, my custom categories are redirects to error page.

You *need* non-default permalinks for BuddyPress. Deactivate BuddyPress, switch to the TwentyEleven theme, pick a permalink choice from the Settings > Permalinks page. Then, check that access posts and pages.

Earlier also i had some wordpress sites under localhost, i kept default permalink. If i tries to change to other, it give error page. So i never tried to change it. Now in this case also, i kept default option for permalink. Whether i change it or not buddypress tool-bar menu items redirecting to error page.

Thanks,
    Chenna

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

== If i tries to change to other, it give error page. So i never tried to change it. ==

Sorry, but BuddyPress REQUIRES “pretty permalinks” and will not work with default permalink. You will need to resolve permalinks first before posting here.

Deactivate BuddyPress and BP plugins then change to WP Twenty Eleven theme. Then go to WP forums which deals specifically with localhost installations https://wordpress.org/support/forum/localhost-installs to resolve your permalink issue. Please provide more specific information about your localhost installation.

ok i do that… thanks friends!!!

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘sign up error page’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar