Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Site-wide Search

• tridian
    Participant

@tridian

Hello everyone and have a search question for you. I see on buddypress.org that they have a search box that works well and has a nice results page breaking up the sections where your search term is featured. I would like to have that functionality on my BP site but have searched plugins, forums, etc. and have not found a match for non WPMU installs. Am I missing something? The default BP search on my site allows members to search Members, Groups and Forums, but I’d rather just have a text box and a search button like they do on Buddypress.org and search the entire site in one shot. Can anyone tell me how this is done? I am using WP 2.9.2 and Buddypress 1.2.4.

Thanks very much for your time.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• @mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

“I see on buddypress.org that they have a search box that works well and has a nice results page breaking up the sections where your search term is featured. I would like to have that functionality on my BP site”
    Sitewide Unified Search Plugin by @sbrajesh
    It’ll be good to go through the tutorial, but if you want the plugin asap, it’s at the bottom of the post.

tridian
    Participant

@tridian

Thanks very much for the quick reply mercime and I’ll dig into it right now.
    Update: This is perfect! Highly recommend for all.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Site-wide Search’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar