Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Space between Navbar and Subnav

• kkradel
    Participant

@kkradel

I am struggling with configuring buddypress in my custom theme. I’ve got a lot of it working, but for the life of me I can’t figure this one out.

I am running WP 3.2.1 and BP 1.2.9 and my servers are running apache/linux and php5.2.
    I’ve got 28 plugins, including BP, BP Activity, BP Template Pack, BP Captcha (not activated) and WP Super Cache.

I’ve activated and deactivated the BP Activity and the BP Captcha to see if that had an effect and they don’t.

So the problem is that in my custom theme, there is a huge space between the Navbar and the Subnav.

This happened when I added the sidebar onto the left of the page – to be consistent with the rest of the site.

At first all of the content in the item-body was pushed down to the level of the bottom of the left-column sidebar. By adding a few float:left tags into the CSS, I managed to bring the item-header and the item-list-tabs-no-ajax to the top of the content area where they should be. But I can’t get the subnav to move up.

I’m on Firefox (site looks like crap in IE at the moment) and I’ve got the Web Developer Toolbar installed.

I can message you the link if you’d like to see it.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• kkradel
    Participant

@kkradel

Anyone have any ideas as to where I should look next in the CSS or the code?

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

You’re probably referring to div#object-nav that’s wrapped within div#item-nav and div#subnav which is wrapped within div#item-body below div#item-nav

Firebug, a Firefox add-on, can help you identify selectors to get your style going. For further assistance, site url would be necessary.

kkradel
    Participant

@kkradel

Yes that is what I’m referring to and I’m using Firebug. But I can’t find the place in the CSS to edit – I have edited everything that I can find – which is why I’m asking here.

I will see if I can PM you the URL.

Thanks!

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

@kkradel if you used BP template pack plugin, check out the selectors used in bp.css file as a guide to start you off – https://plugins.svn.wordpress.org/bp-template-pack/tags/1.1.4/bp.css

side note: nope, your site url didn’t show up in update

kkradel
    Participant

@kkradel

Bummer – I am way beyond all of the stuff you are telling me to do – been all over this and can’t figure it out. I think it might be that I’ve been trying to configure this for too long and now I can’t see anything.

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

You can use negative margin for the #subnav to decrease space between #subnav and #object-nav.
    e.g. `div#subnav { margin-top: -20px; }` — adjust as needed

kkradel
    Participant

@kkradel

So far that hasn’t worked either …

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

== I’ve got 28 plugins, including BP, … , WP Super Cache ==
    Deactivate WP Super Cache and refresh browser or open a different browser to check

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Space between Navbar and Subnav’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar