Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

“There was an error activating your account, please try again.” However, my account activated.

• PJ
    Participant

@pjnu

http://i52.tinypic.com/20ixjs0.jpg

“There was an error activating your account, please try again.
    Activate your account.
    Please provide a valid activation key.”

I don’t have any plugins installed besides BP and WP. How can I resolve this misleading issue? It appears after activating an account and logging in.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• @mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

WP/BP versions? Looks like a membership plugin is interfering. Also, there are some themes with built-in membership code which could cause this. Change to bp-default theme and see if that resolves the activation issue.

PJ
    Participant

@pjnu

@mercime

WP=3.0.4
    BP=1.2.7

Tried bp-default and didn’t see the error. Any thoughts on where I should look for that in the theme or ways to omit it? Thanks.

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

@pjnu at least we know that there’s no error if you’re using bp-default theme, so it’s not a BuddyPress issue at all. What theme are you using exactly? Have you read your theme docs whether it requires activation of a membership plugin? I would contact theme author especially if it’s a premium theme for support. Good luck.

PJ
    Participant

@pjnu

Alright. I notified the theme creator. Even if there isn’t a solution, I’m able to locate the code in buddypress and change it accordingly. Thank you @mercime

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘“There was an error activating your account, please try again.” However, my account activated.’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar