Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

wp_users has a “duplicate” row of user info…Is This Right?

• v_andreev

@v_andreev

I just needed to know if each user is suppose to have two rows of information. Also, I noticed that when the activation key is submitted, it submits two activation keys. Could the fact that I have two rows of info per person be the reason why I have two activation keys being sent?

Then once the activation key is sent, only “one” of the two rows updates from 2 (not activated) to 0 (activated). Not sure if this is correct of not.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• @mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

Ok, you made me double-check a database ;-) Only one row per user.

@v_andreev
    – What versions of WP/BP are you using?
    – Do you have any kind of membership plugin activated?
    – You’re saying your found two rows per user in prefix_users table? In those two rows per user, do they both have same email address and username? Better yet, what is/are the only difference/s between the two rows?

v_andreev

@v_andreev

“What versions of WP/BP are you using?” WordPress 3.0.1 / Buddypress 1.2.7

“You’re saying your found two rows per user in prefix_users table?” Yes..

“In those two rows per user, do they both have same email address and username? Are there any differences?” Yes, there are some differences…

1. The user password looks to be encrypted differently for both rows.

2. User status in the first row is “0” and the second row is “2”

3. The first row has a user display name and the second row doesn’t.

Paul Wong-Gibbs
    Keymaster

@djpaul

Not good if two records in wp_users for the same user account. If you make a new user account, does it work ok?

v_andreev

@v_andreev

“If you make a new user account, does it work ok?”

Well, yes and no. The user information is saved to the database, but as mentioned earlier, in two’s. I’m getting two of everything.

1. When I submit the form field, and if there’s an error, I get two error messages for the same error (per field).
    2. I get two activation emails per user.
    3. I have two wp_users with same username
    4. Then when I click the members link, I have two members with the same name, avatar..etc. (at least this is consistent with wp_users :-) )

And I just began to notice that my avatar uploads isn’t working either….do I need to start over? or create a DB hack where it deletes duplicate rows before sending an activation email?

Some things are working, like when someone signs up, and activates their account, the cookies are saved and the login status is active. This is why I’m not sure if I just need to delete and re-create everything.

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

Deactivate BuddyPress and BP plugins, test registration and check DB wp_users table, does registration generate 2 rows for that new user? At this point, I do recommend restarting from scratch – delete htaccess file and drop DB tables and re-upload WP files manually i.e. via FTP or cpanel. – got to have a good solid WP/BP foundation moving forward.

v_andreev

@v_andreev

…will do…thanks…

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘wp_users has a “duplicate” row of user info…Is This Right?’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar