Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

WPMU, require login to view any part of site, but allow registration

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• piphut
    Participant

@piphut

Is there a “register” link on the login page? If not, do you have “anyone can register” checked under wordpress admin> Settings > General?

zlamczyk
    Participant

@zlamczyk

The register link is present. When it is clicked, a user is redirected right back to the login page.

piphut
    Participant

@piphut

can you post a link to your site? Also double-check to make sure admin panel > settings > general > “anyone can register” is checked just in case.

zlamczyk
    Participant

@zlamczyk

It is set to that.

Thanks for your respond @piphut, but seeing my site is really not necessary.

Registration is open to everyone. I have a different plugin that makes registration only active once an admin approves them. That makes registration managed by admin prior to a user having access. Problem with only this plugin is that the site can still be seen (like the members, forums, groups, areas).

That’s why I installed the Authenticate plugin. When a user tries to go to “http://members.domain.net/members” they are redirected to the login page, wp-login.php. The plugin is also set to allow access to “wp-register.php” to allow registration. Well, the plugin is set to work with WP single user only because it’s set to allow “wp-register.php”. Issue is that WPMU does not use that file for registration. It uses an action direct to a part of wp-login, or something. I cannot figure out how to allow the Registration link to work under WPMU and the Authenticate plugin.

Could someone offer a suggestion, please? I tried the More Privacy Options offered by WPU Dev, but that failed miserably, too.

piphut
    Participant

@piphut

Try “registered users 2” ( https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/registered-users-only-2/ ). It is compatible with MU and buddypress. I use it for one of my sites. “Authenticate” looks like it is very very old (only tested compatible up to wp 2.5.2)

Sorry I can’t help more :/

zlamczyk
    Participant

@zlamczyk

@piphut That plugin worked perfectly. Thanks for the suggestion! I can’t believe that I missed that plugin in the first place.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘WPMU, require login to view any part of site, but allow registration’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar