Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

wrong character-set (utf-8 incident) in activity-comments after ajax-refresh

• Hi Buddies,
    I have a strange utf-8 side effect. Currently I am running a BuddyPress 1.2.7. Everything was going as expected since last week. Now all fresh comments (on activity stream, gallery comments, etc.) are done via ajax are not shown in the valid UTF-8 character set. (Example: the presentation of the character ä is now ä) The wrong part is only the ajax injected part since a hard page refresh via browser, at this moment all is back in correct manner. UTF-8 is set to blog, utf-8 is set to .htaccess (no change with and without: AddCharset utf-8 .css .html .xhtml .php .js), utf-8 is set to DB and further I tried the accept term in

. I tried a multibyte-encoding (mb_convert_encoding) at $_POST[whats-new]. Any idea what is going wrong or how i can fix it?
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • solved!!!!

Here is the solution it did for me: The provider answered, that he has changed the default charset to iso – that was the fault. Now it turned back to utf-8 an è voila all ajax-requests delivered correct now. This means I could take care of utf-8 charset on php, html, css mo and po files but not at injected ajax-response when default charset is not utf-8. Strange world!

Ah hah. Well done for figuring it out.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘wrong character-set (utf-8 incident) in activity-comments after ajax-refresh’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar