Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Buddypress dot org’s own forums not working

• johnnywallah

@johnnywallah

I hate to raise this issue but is there a definitive statement regarding how things are going to go ahead with BuddyPress and bbPress forums?

I notice that in Chrome and Firefox, even BuddyPress’s own forums do not allow you to go to page two of the list of topics – the screen just goes blank.

I have read that bbPress will not be included as part of the BuddyPress package in future releases and I have read a lot of people having problems getting the two to play nicely together.

I have given up trying.

Is there a cast-iron method to get the two working – WordPress 3.12 BuddyPress 1.51 bbPress 2.0 – all new installs, without getting the “you do not have sufficient permissions” roadblock?

As a note, this is on a multi-network with David Dean’s plugin, but everything has worked OK in previous versions.

Many thanks for any feedback and thanks for all the hard work from everyone.

…………………..

Now resolved

As it was a fresh site I deleted all and started again and this time round it all seems to be working fine.

Thanks

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • BuddyPress.org has its own problems which are not related to the current released versions of BP and bbP at all. bbPress 1.0 will be continued to be distributed with BuddyPress for the foreseeable future, but we’re going to push and promote using bbPress 2.0 with BuddyPress much more.

johnnywallah

@johnnywallah

Hello, Paul

Many thanks for the reply.

I just wonder whether you or anyone else can suggest the best way to get forums up and running on a new install of BuddyPress, WordPress and bbPress – all latest versions 1.5.1, 3.21 and 2.0.

There seems to be a problem that – apart from the “You do not have sufficient permissions” above problem – if you have to end up fiddling too much with install through BuddyPress and install through WordPress auto-installer, you end up having to install the whole caboodle from scratch and starting again – WP, BP and bbP.

Everything other than the forum element seems to be spot on.

Thanks again.

I’ve never seen any errors regarding “you do not have sufficient permissions”. Are you trying to use site wide forums, group forums, or both?

johnnywallah

@johnnywallah

I have gone back to try setting up forums, having previously (after not being able to get them to work) unticked the forum checkbox on the setup routine.

This time, having ticked it, I have manually set up a page called “Forums” and gone to:

http://example.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=bb-forums-setup

and chosen to install group forums.

This takes me to:

http://example.com/wp-admin/network/admin.php?page=bb-forums-setup&step=new

which says:

“You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.”

If I try to set up sitewide forums, I get a miniature of the admin page for installing new plugins.

The only part of the setup which is non-standard is David Dean’s Networks for WordPress plugin.

You are welcome to have access to the VPS to look if this is of any interest.

Many thanks – hope some of this makes sense.

caryl
    Participant

@caryl

Hello,

I’ve exactly the same issue !
    I upgraded wordpress from 2.9 to 3.2.1 and buddypress from 1.3 to 1.5.

Then I installed bbpress plugin before the sitewide forums….
    The bbpress forums works well but I want to return to the existing forums.

When I click on this link :

admin.php?page=bb-forums-setup&step=existing

Error Message : “You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.”….

Any idea ?

I also have a VERY similar issue. I’m WP 3.3 BP 1.52.

I’ve renamed my old plugin folder, created a new plugin folder, installed BP and then went to activate Forums for Groups and I’m also getting the..

Error Message : “You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.”….

Any idea?

Xevo
    Participant

@xevo

I recall this problem popping up a lot when having the stand-alone version of bbpress working with WordPress which was always a pain. Maybe this is the same problem?

Always fixed the problem by fixing the permissions between bbpress and wordpress.

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Buddypress dot org’s own forums not working’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar