Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

BuddyPress Integration with theme

• BP is installed and working. However, trying to integrate with my theme and for some reason, BP is relying on its core files rather than the files auto-copied to my theme by bp template pack. The files seem to be copied correctly, residing in my theme folder as /theme/activity/ – /theme/blogs etc.. If I edit activity/index.php nothing happens. But, editing the core bp-activity.php shows changes. I may have missed something I suppose. Thanks for the help and the awesome extension.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• @mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

@mercime Yessir. WP 3.2.1 and BP 1.2.1. I have went through the process and walkthroughs. The were all copied successfully and I now I need to edit the 13 BP templates to match my theme. But BP is still using core templates rather than the templates residing in my theme. The admin bar is working and all links are working just fine.

@mercime I still can’t seem to edit the correct templates. Ive tested by editing mytheme/members/index.php and changing the container div to something completely off, so as to see it in firebug. But, upon viewing mysite.com/members, i still see the content and padder divs. Any ideas??? Driving me nuts.

Since the bp-template files were transferred originally transferred by bp-template-pack, would this mean that I am not the owner of the files? Therefore making it impossible for me to edit the permissions which are currently set to 644? I ask this because I cannot change permissions on the any of the template files. Anyone?

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

@Mike84 that is really strange. Curious, what WP theme are you using?

== I’ve tested by editing mytheme/members/index.php and changing the container div to something completely off, so as to see it in firebug. But, upon viewing mysite.com/members, i still see the content and padder divs. ==
    – Do you have any cache plugin on? Deactivate it.
    – Where do you edit the BP template files – download to computer and edit it there then upload or do you edit in cpanel (and might have forgotten to save revision)?

== Therefore making it impossible for me to edit the permissions which are currently set to 644? ==
    You own those files. I have no problem changing permissions in my server. Are you on Windows server?

@mericme Ownership actually is the problem. Looking at the file ownership, the files that the bp-template-pack transferred to my theme have a different owner than everything else in my theme. And, due to the jacked up way i was looking at my filezlla, I was thinking they were actually transferring when they are indeed not. So now i need to change ownership on those files and folders. It’s strange that no one else has had the ownership issue though. I let bp-template-pack copy all of the files for me and it created this different owner.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘BuddyPress Integration with theme’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar