Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Give WordPress its own directory: still not possible?

• brother7
    Participant

@brother7

I read in the codex that “BuddyPress does not work on installations where you give WordPress its own directory”. Is this still true with the current version 1.5.x.x of BuddyPress? ALL of my WordPress installations are in their own directory :(

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• @mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

You mean https://codex.wordpress.org/Giving_WordPress_Its_Own_Directory which doesn’t work with WP multisite either?

brother7
    Participant

@brother7

Yes, that’s what I was referring to. If I install WP in its own directory per those instructions, BuddyPress will not work properly, correct?
    If that’s true, I’m gonna have to rethink how I do future WordPress installations :/

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

Correct.

== If that’s true, I’m gonna have to rethink how I do future WordPress installations ==

True, but you could also export XML from one install and import that into a new WP site installed at domain root. Or, if that’s going leave behind other data you want to keep, have you posted at WP org forums to find a way to reverse the process of giving WP its own directory so that you could export clean DB from old install and import into WP installed at domain root.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Give WordPress its own directory: still not possible?’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar