Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Installation Crashes Site

• Background:

I made a testsite for my main site, and installed buddypress automatically. Clicked install, and ran the wizard. At the last step when I click “finish”, I received a 500 server error throughout the entire site. After removing buddypress, I tried again – this time, when I tried to activate the plugin, the site crashes.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• @mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

Have you checked your error logs? Most likely you need to increase memory limits or check out other possibilities.

Hello,

I did add a line in the .htaccess file increasing the memory to 96M, however when I uploaded that particular .htaccess file, the site crashed again, as if it didn’t like the code I had added. Is there some other way to increase the memory? I’ve heard of the php.ini file, but I’m not sure where its located/if I have access to it.

The site still reads this message when I activate buddypress

“Server error
    The website encountered an error while retrieving http://test2.domain.com/wp-admin/plugins.php?activate=true&plugin_status=all&paged=1. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.”

Thanks.

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

Contact your tech support of hosting provider.

I’ve been contacting my host all day, been trying different things myself, and all I can say is I’m completely frustrated. An awesome plugin I’m sure, if I can only get it to work ;-)

My memory limit is 99M, with a ceiling of 64M per script (edited php.ini). This should allow plenty of room for buddypress, I should think. I deactivated all my other plugins, added a code to the wp-config file to increase memory as well.

My host was at a loss, so they referred me back to you guys. Error logs don’t show anything of significance.

Any ideas? I would really like to get this plugin working, but feel like I’m at a total brick wall. :(

Thanks,
    David

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

If you installed WP via webhost script like fantastico and the like, backup DB and server files. Start from scratch and drop DB tables, re-upload WP files and folders manually via FTP/cpanel. Then install WP http://yoursite.com/wp-admin/install.php

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Installation Crashes Site’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar