Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

New Topic for group forum – error

• Steve D
    Participant

@steadwell

When I attempt to add a new topic in a group forum, I bomb off with a 404 not found condition. It is looking for the crossdomain.xml in the root directory of my blog.

I have bbpress installed on my server, but the way I understand it, buddypress has it’s own internal version of bbpress for it’s forums. I am still digging and have much to learn on this but any hints would be greatly appreciated.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • BuddyPress doesn’t try to use any file called crossdomain.xml anywhere. What’s in your web server’s error logs, and did you complete the Forums Setup screen under the “BuddyPress” menu in wp-admin?

Steve D
    Participant

@steadwell

The reference to crossdomain.xml is probably caused by my server settings as my blog is a sub-domain and my bbPress installation is in a sub-folder on the domain. The bbpress settings in the BuddyPress Forums setup in wp-admin say that things are set-up correctly but suggests a re-install if there is a problem (as you most likely well know). I am worried about a re-install because my bbPress has a lot of work involved and I don’t want to impact it.

I’ve had fits with this same issue in the past, and got it settled down to a workable condition. It has to do with the salt parameters, etc… between the 2 installations.

To put it briefly, I’m afraid to re-install, however, I’ll keep chipping away at it.

Thanks for your input Paul!

Update:The forum topics entered through the BP groups forum are getting posted on the bbPress side, but the interface between my Buddypress/Wordpress is not smooth and the author is assigned “anonymous”.

allenchow88

@allenchow88

Waterproof Ecco Women Shoes for all types of weather conditions Golf specific light weight, stabilizer comfort finally soft cushion insoleHigh EVA removable suspended Shocksorb footbed Built density (extra) Phylon cushion-xc use comfortable and stability Stabilizer technology provides a solid foundationPyramid lawn grips, Cheap Ecco Shoes wide platform system optimal tractionDual density and bending rubber outsole provide a solid supportMolded EVA the midsole flexible, durableDynamic tornado is the wearingTri converter and long-directional mow the lawn gripsEasy pyramid using Fast-Twist Mens Ecco Shoes systemSuperior traction locking support

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘New Topic for group forum – error’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar