Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Problems with alignment/sidebar

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• Virtuali
    Participant

@gunju2221

What is wrong with the sidebar? I can’t seen anything really wrong from your site.

You need to be more specific!

allivant

@allivant

Sorry, I didn’t explain. The sidebar spans the whole width of the page so if you see the line under Groups, it’s the width of the container. Members is a sidebar widget. Whenever the content is short, the sidebars align all the way left.

Then there’s my css which I don’t even know where to start with.

Virtuali
    Participant

@gunju2221

Well what do you want to be done?

This isn’t really a buddypress issue, unless it’s only on buddypress pages.

allivant

@allivant

It is only on buddypress pages. Does the sidebar normally shift to the left if there isn’t enough content? I didn’t think it would. That line under the Groups and Members widget should only be the width of the widget.

Virtuali
    Participant

@gunju2221

Well depending on if your theme has the sidebar on the “right” or “left”, it should stay there unless the content is pushing it somewhere else.

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

@allivant I see you installed BP template pack. You will need to make adjustments to the HTML structure of the template pack files transferred over to your WP theme folder during the process. You need to download those folders and files to your computer, revise per your WP theme structure and upload revisions to theme folder in server.
    https://codex.buddypress.org/theme-development/wordpress-to-buddypress-theme/
    https://codex.buddypress.org/theme-development/bp-template-pack-walkthrough-level-easy-2/

allivant

@allivant

@mercime the groups index.php has the updated structure. i havne’t done the other pages since this one is not correct yet.

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

Disclaimer: I don’t have copy of your premium theme so there might be other factors which will affect structure.

In any case, to start off, open up the activity/index.php file you downloaded along with 13 other files in 6 different BP template pack folders and make following changes:

At top of file, replace
    `

`

with

`

`

Then at the bottom of that file, replace

`

`

with

`

`

You do this with the rest of the 13 BP template pack files then upload revisions to server.

After this, you would need to adjust styling. Download Firebug add-on for Mozilla Firefox to help you out.

allivant

@allivant

i’m not sure what i did, but the groups page widgets align correctly now.

allivant

@allivant

i edited with that and it does the same thing i had i guess. the top widget is still unaligned but maybe that’s css? the bottom one was fixed though.

allivant

@allivant

can anyone explain why alignment of a widget would be fine on one page and not another?

Virtuali
    Participant

@gunju2221

Well because that certain page could have a missing div error, or alignment issues…

It could be some theme modifications that will need to do, custom themes take work on getting them to fit with buddypress. Will need to tinker with your CSS template to make sure the wrapper isn’t overlapping, or pushing anything down.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Problems with alignment/sidebar’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar