Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Trouble Finding Where to Customize BP

• apriljoy217

@apriljoy217

I’m integrating Buddypress onto the Genesis Framework but it’s unlike anything I’ve ever used – I don’t know where to edit the CSS (to change page layouts for the forum), how to embed each Buddypress “page” onto pages I set up (as with most other plugins)…. Do I just extract the Buddypress files and edit those? Or is there an easier way? Sorry, I’m a newbie!

The site I’m editing is:
    rebeccadavidsonextremecouponing.com (without the WWW)

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• apriljoy217

@apriljoy217

Oh, and also – How to show the BP menu ONLY on certain pages or page categories. I’m sorry again! I just have looked in various places and I’m not sure.

Do you have template pack installed? If you do, all the files you need to edit are currently in your theme folder via FTP.

For example, yourtheme/members/single

To edit styles, template pack, or buddypress doesn’t add any styles to buddypress by default. You can add them by adding this to your current CSS.

`/* Inherit the default theme styles */
    @import url( ../../plugins/buddypress/bp-themes/bp-default/_inc/css/default.css );

/* Inherit the default theme adminbar styles */
    @import url( ../../plugins/buddypress/bp-themes/bp-default/_inc/css/adminbar.css );`

Then, of coarse, edit the CSS to what you like.

Sorry, I don’t know why it does that with code tags.
    Put this:

/* Inherit the default theme styles */
    @import url( ../../plugins/buddypress/bp-themes/bp-default/_inc/css/default.css );

/* Inherit the default theme adminbar styles */
    @import url( ../../plugins/buddypress/bp-themes/bp-default/_inc/css/adminbar.css );

apriljoy217

@apriljoy217

So I add this to MY template’s CSS, or the BP css?

apriljoy217

@apriljoy217

Can anyone help?

In your theme’s style.css

Those are making calls to pull IN the BP ones.

apriljoy217

@apriljoy217

Yes it already inherits from the theme – which is the problem. I want to be able to CUSTOMIZE the BP CSS and remove some of the styles it inherits. But only a few things like the width, and images.

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

== integrating Buddypress onto the Genesis Framework ==

@apriljoy217 The Genesis Framework has its own “Genesis Connect” plugin to make the Genesis theme compatible with BuddyPress.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Trouble Finding Where to Customize BP’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar