Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

WordPress theme with buddypress

• nookeet

@nookeet

Hello Everyone,
    Hopefully this it the right place to post this. I have an existing wordpress them and want to install buddypress, and want buddypress to use my wordpress theme. I downloaded BuddyPress Template Pack. I run into some issues that no matter what I did I could not figure out how to fix them.
    1. My buddypress pages are not working, and giving me 404 error code.
    2. Under the pages Activity, Blogs, forums, groups, register and so on has no pages associated with them how can i fix this.

Thank you in advance

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• @mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

1) BuddyPress requires “pretty permalinks” so go to Settings > Permalinks and set to something other than default and Save.

2) If you do not see any “Repair” link after that announcement, go to BuddyPress > Pages and create or associate the pages https://codex.buddypress.org/getting-started/configure-buddypress-components/#bp-pages

nookeet

@nookeet

@mercime
    I have already running custom permalinks as /%city_name%/%post_id%/.
    2. As far https://codex.buddypress.org/getting-started/configure-buddypress-components/#bp-pages I have problem that I can not associate the pages, because /Acitivity/index.php or others are not even seen. That is my issue and don’t know how to fix this problem.

Thanks

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

WP/BP versions? Did you install WordPress manually or via webhost script like fantastico or simplescripts etc? Have you tried re-uploading BuddyPress again manually via FTP to plugins folder. Basic troubleshooting includes deactivating all plugins except BuddyPress and change to bp-default theme.

nookeet

@nookeet

@mercime
    The version of WordPress is 3.3.1 and Buddypress is 1.5.5. I installed wordpress manually via FTP. I have only 1 plugin installed and I deactivated and still the same issue. I installed Buddypress both through FTP and WordPress online. The issue is still there, and can’t figure out why none of files are seen except blog.

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

== I have already running custom permalinks as /%city_name%/%post_id%/. ==
    @nookeet Change custom permalink to what’s available on panel other than default and see if issue is resolved.

What WP theme are you using with BP Template Pack plugin?

nookeet

@nookeet

@mercime I did what you told me by changing almost to all available permalink and the issue still exists. The error I am getting is:
    The following active BuddyPress Components do not have associated WordPress Pages: Activity Streams, Discussion Forums, User Groups, Members.
    but when I go Buddypress pages I can not find any of the above pages to associate Activity, Streams and so on.
    Plus I am using Templatic GeoPlaces theme.

Thanks for your help.

Hugo Ashmore
    Keymaster

@hnla

Do the pages actually exist? you have to have empty pages created and there to be selected, either named as conventionally or named as you wish.

nookeet

@nookeet

@Hugo BuddyPress Template Pack creates the folder eg. /Activity/index.php but when I try to choose the Pages, the system does not see them and I can not select anything.

Thanks

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘WordPress theme with buddypress’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar