Categories
Search
Bottom

“wp-admin/user/?c=1” Issue when installing Buddypress

• luizhpj
    Participant

@luizhpj

Hi,

I have made a brand new installation of wordpress 3.1.2, and activated multisite. Without adding any plugins or themes, I installed buddypress via the admin panel.

Nevertheless, once I activate buddypress on the network, I am taken to “/wp-admin/user/?c=1”, and I can’t navigate in the admin panel.

The only way to correct this is to go to the FTP and change the buddypress directory name… when I do this the admin panel starts working correctly again.

Any ideas of why this is happening?

Thanks!!

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• @mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

“wp-admin/user/?c=1” usually caused by broken plugins and/or issue with caches. Do not overlook renaming mu-plugins folder (if you have one). If you are the Network Admin, check your database wp_users and you’ll be the first row

luizhpj
    Participant

@luizhpj

Thanks mercime,

I have installed and reinstalled WP3.1.2 + BP 1.2.8 from scratch, so how would I know if its broken?

Any suggestions of specific actions I should take?

Thanks…

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

== I have installed and reinstalled WP3.1.2 + BP 1.2.8 from scratch ==

When you say you did it from scratch, do you mean you uploaded WP files manually and not used webhost script like fantastico and the like? If you used the webhost script, I suggest you drop tables from DB, delete .htaccess file and re-install WordPress manually via FTP/cpanel. I’ve seen dozens of BP install problems arising from the fact that WP was installed using those webhost scripts.

luizhpj
    Participant

@luizhpj

Yes, it was installed using a webhost script… I’ll trash everything and begin the whole process again manually. Thanks for the help!

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

Added this info in BP Codex under minimum requirements for future reference
    https://codex.buddypress.org/getting-started/before-installing/#system-server

luizhpj
    Participant

@luizhpj

I just erased everything from the server… new manual WP3.1.2 install, new mysql db… the blog by itself is working perfectly. I did not configure multisite in order to eliminate variables…

When I try to install buddypress, I get a “You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page” error… deactivating buddypress gets the installation back to normal…

So my issue is not manual-installation related, and not multisite-related… sorry to bother again, but any other ideas to help me?

I’m googling this error, but cannot find a solution that applies to my case…

Thanks!

luizhpj
    Participant

@luizhpj

Found the solution… seems to be a problem with non-english installations…

Solution: edit the wp-config.php file and add the keys generated here:
    https://api.wordpress.org/secret-key/1.1/salt/

Buddypress is now up and running…

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘“wp-admin/user/?c=1” Issue when installing Buddypress’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar