Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

[BuddyPress 1.5 beta] bp-core-wpabstraction.php error AND deprecated/1.5 error

• On a WP 3.2.1 MultiSite (install from hell, Boone, this is the one that needed the upload dirs assigned manually ;) )

`Warning: require(/public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-core/bp-core-wpabstraction.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-loader.php on line 68

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required ‘/public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-core/bp-core-wpabstraction.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-loader.php on line 68`

I deleted the old buddypress folder and tossed on the new one to this error. Happens on 1.5 b1 AND b2 on this site with no plugins (yes, I turned ’em all off)

Went to the test site I run on the same server, which WAS running 1.5 b1 just fine, just to double check, and got this:

`
    Warning: require(/public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-core/deprecated/1.5.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-core/bp-core-loader.php on line 20

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required ‘/public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-core/deprecated/1.5.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-core/bp-core-loader.php on line 20
    `

I rolled back the SOB site to 1.2.9 and it’s fine, rolled my test to 1.5 b1 and it’s okay.

Let me know if you need server specs.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Boone Gorges
    Keymaster

@boonebgorges

This is a really peculiar error. I’ve never seen require() fail because of a permissions error before.

When you check the detailed directory listing for buddypress/bp-core, do you see anything unusual?
    `cd wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-core
    ls -la`

Boone Gorges
    Keymaster

@boonebgorges

(The more I think about it, the more I think that something funky must be happening with your server, especially if an installation that *was* working is now *not* working.)

… What the hell? Why are they all RW!!?

`
    drwxr-xr-x 2 conrel conrel 4096 Aug 4 19:33 admin/
    -rw

1 conrel conrel 9731 Aug 4 19:33 bp-core-adminbar.php
    -rw

1 conrel conrel 27828 Aug 4 19:33 bp-core-avatars.php
    -rw

1 conrel conrel 20184 Aug 4 19:33 bp-core-buddybar.php
    -rw

1 conrel conrel 1304 Aug 4 19:33 bp-core-cache.php
    -rw

1 conrel conrel 14964 Aug 4 19:33 bp-core-catchuri.php
    -rw

1 conrel conrel 42189 Aug 4 19:33 bp-core-classes.php
    -rw

1 conrel conrel 9026 Aug 4 19:33 bp-core-component.php
    -rw

1 conrel conrel 5715 Aug 4 19:33 bp-core-cssjs.php
    -rw

1 conrel conrel 13440 Aug 4 19:33 bp-core-filters.php
    -rw

1 conrel conrel 48191 Aug 4 19:33 bp-core-functions.php
    -rw

1 conrel conrel 2233 Aug 4 19:33 bp-core-hooks.php
    -rw

1 conrel conrel 9315 Aug 4 19:33 bp-core-loader.php
    -rw

1 conrel conrel 39569 Aug 4 19:34 bp-core-template.php
    -rw

1 conrel conrel 12466 Aug 4 19:34 bp-core-widgets.php
    -rw

1 conrel conrel 1870 Aug 4 19:34 bp-core-wpabstraction.php
    drwxr-xr-x 2 conrel conrel 4096 Aug 4 19:34 css/
    drwxr-xr-x 2 conrel conrel 4096 Aug 4 19:34 deprecated/
    drwxr-xr-x 2 conrel conrel 4096 Aug 4 19:34 images/
    drwxr-xr-x 2 conrel conrel 4096 Aug 4 19:34 js/
    `

Whole install is that way. Wow. I’ve uploaded plugins a million times and never run into that.

Boone Gorges
    Keymaster

@boonebgorges

Very, very strange. 644 is the standard. Never seen this. Let me know if you figure it out – I doubt it’s BP’s fault (we don’t do any chmodding!!) but nothing’s impossible.

I forced it to 644 and it worked. New issue ;) Of course!

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

That is weird. Someone want to double check the files in the Trac zip.

Yeah, I have no idea what happened. I downloaded it again and it happened again. At least I know how to fix it.

I am having the exact same problem with beta 3. I have checked all the permissions and they are 644. Don’t know what to do. I run a site with 1.2.9 and my users are complaining about it. I was testing 1.5 to see if it would be better. I’m going to have to move to another software soon. If someone knows how to fix this issue I would love the help because I love WordPress and would like to stay with it.

Boone Gorges
    Keymaster

@boonebgorges

Change the permissions to 664 and see if it makes a difference. (You haven’t given enough info to know if 644 is ok.)

I saw this problem on my buddy press new installation today. The reason is bp-core/deprecated/1.5.php is stored as a directory instead of a file.

Weird. And I don’t know how to fix it either.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘[BuddyPress 1.5 beta] bp-core-wpabstraction.php error AND deprecated/1.5 error’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar