Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Diaspora released

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• paulhastings0
    Participant

@paulhastings0

Ekine
    Participant

@ekine

You can test this app @ http://pivots.joindiaspora.com Add me as a friend to check out the privacy features. ekine@pivots.joindiaspora.com I am wondering if this new project will influence the development of buddypress in any way because diaspora’s approach is really new in terms of users owning their content and letting them choose who will gain access to their content. Diaspora could become a fast growing social media app.

Anton
    Participant

@antonrsa

The page you are looking for is temporarily unavailable.
    Please try again later.

Ekine
    Participant

@ekine

It might be due to heavy traffic. It’s very slow at the moment. But when refreshing the page it might show up again.
    One should consider that this showcase is a pre-alpha version and today is the first day that the public can actually test this social app.

The real strenght of diaspora is that you can add friends from different domains who also installed diaspora.

gpo1
    Participant

@gpo1

I’ve put money into this project,but now wondering how it would integrate with BP?

PH (porsche)
    Participant

@porscheheritage

http://github.com/diaspora/diaspora

too bad its ruby and not php (kids!)

PH (porsche)
    Participant

@porscheheritage

@Ekine @Gpo1

i’ve always felt that every BP installation should come pre-packaged as a built in oembed provider for the users content, micro-format provider (hCard) — that would be cool

Ekine
    Participant

@ekine

@johnjamesjacoby @porscheheritage @gpo1
    I would love that idea.
    The main reason why I think that diaspora has some great potential is because users can connect and become friends with each other across multiple domains who also have diaspora installed. The fact that diaspora is written in ruby might be a small obstacle because there are less capable ruby devs out there for writing modules.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Agreed having some kind of method for BP installs to talk to each other would be pretty awesome. It would require breaking out of the ‘central server’ type method that I think we’re all used to and really require a robust api underneath everything.

Patches welcome! :D

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Diaspora released’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar