Categories
Search
Bottom

MU help

• TWC01
    Participant

@twc01

Hi.

Not sure if this is the right place orn ot to ask for help on multisites but I am a little stuck.

I have set it up using the create a network tutorial but when someone goes to create site in their dashboard it says page not found.

Also how can I allow it so people can select a different template or install a plugin on their site.

The aim of my site http://www.christianinspire.net is to allow christians create their own mini-blogs as they would on wordpress.com but also use the site as a community hence using buddypress as well.

Thanks

Steve

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• TWC01
    Participant

@twc01

Can anyone help?

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

@twc01 If you deactivate BuddyPress, can your user create a blog?
    Btw, did you install WordPress manually (FTP/cpanel/etc) or did you use webhost script like fantastico, softalicious, etc? If you used webhost script, you’d have to restart from scratch, webhost scripts do not work well for Multisite set up and BuddyPress.

TWC01
    Participant

@twc01

Hi Thanks for your reply.

I installed manually via ftp so thats not an issue.

I have clicked on network dactivate with buddypress and I can create a blog as a user. How can we fix this?

TWC01
    Participant

@twc01

I am still stuck

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

== but when someone goes to create site in their dashboard it says page not found. ==

@twc01 Please clarify, when you say “dashboard”, do you mean via wp-admin? The “Create a Blog” link in Blogs Directory page using bp-default theme should go to a form in the front end where users can enter required information to set up their new blogs/subsites. Only Super Admin can create a new blog/subsite via wp-admin network.

TWC01
    Participant

@twc01

thanks for getting back I am lost then as when i login as a normal user I can click on a link called ‘My sites’ in the header bar. It will then drop down and show Christianinspire and then give the option of dashboard and visit site.

If i click on dashboard i get the option to click on Home, mysites or profile. If i got to mysites, I can click on create a new site bit then i get page not found.

The members group is subscriber for this user as this is default.

You can login with:

username: luvschrist
    pw: luvschrist01 to check it out. This is not an admin account but the general member.

Kind Reagrds

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘MU help’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar