Categories
Search
Bottom

W3 Total Cache on www.testbp.org

• gwu123
    Participant

@gwu123

@johnjamesjacoby

You mentioned in the testbp.org post (here) that you have installed W3 Total Cache on testbp.org.
    I have two requests
    1. Can you share what settings/options you are using
    2. What difference do you see in performance ? Since testbp has lot of users and activity, this will be a great test for W3 Total Cache.

Thanks.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• catchit
    Participant

@catchit

would really like to know this too, been trying to figure out how to best implement w3 total cache

Everything’s enabled, including page caching which I would personally not recommend because a lot of BuddyPress pages need to be dynamic. The workaround for this employed on testbp is for a very short page expiration cache (5 minutes, IIRC).

catchit
    Participant

@catchit

@DJPaul I was wondering how do you get paged caches to work with users logging in, I can’t seem to login with page cache. I do a lot of custom queries and display, is page cache important for that?

Unless your site has a lot of visitors, since you’re having truoble with page caching, I’d leave it off. Database cache and object cache settings will help are the most important.

catchit
    Participant

@catchit

@djpaul cool, thanks for info. is it ok to use CDN with amazon for plugin too, as long as i don’t cache pages for users?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘W3 Total Cache on www.testbp.org’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar