Categories
Search
Bottom

Avatars showing broken link after buddypress installation

• Bianca Gilchrist
    Participant

@biancagilly

Evening,

I have installed buddypress today, I really love the functionality.

Since the installation all the profiles with out an uploaded avatar’s are showing up as broken links, if I change the avatar to blank it does appear blank. But if I change it to any of the images e.g. mystery man it shows a broken link.

I am able to successfully upload an image as an avatar in Buddypress and it does appear, but for the 90% that do not have image my only choice is blank or a broken link.

Has anybody had this problem before or can anybody help me?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Tammie Lister

@karmatosed

The ones that don’t have an image are they using gravatar to get the image or uploading? Do you get the same issue when you use BuddyPress default theme or are you using that already?

terrainnova
    Participant

@terrainnova

same problem here – images users with gravatar icons load ok, images of users who have no gravatar show a broken link.

working (gravatar) links are of this type:

`Avatar of User A`

non-working (non-gravatar) links are of this format:

`Profile picture of User B`

Presumably all avatar functionality is piped through Gravatar and images are shown as arguments in a gravatar.com command – this command fails to work though when there is no gravatar available…

any ideas why this is happening and how to solve it?

Thanks

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Avatars showing broken link after buddypress installation’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar