Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Buddypress 1.2.6, 2 months late -.-

• Armin
    Participant

@electron88

Why is buddypress 1.2.6, 2 months late? All the tickets for it were all solved….

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • No they have only just been ALL resolved. The release of, I think, a release candidate should happen any day now.

LPH2005
    Participant

@lph2005

To add – there is a statement on the roadmap which reads, “Due date is only to force the order of milestones and does not reflect any actual release schedule.”

https://trac.buddypress.org/roadmap

Armin
    Participant

@electron88

Then what are they waiting for?

for anyone to test it out and look for bugs – grab the branch:
    https://trac.buddypress.org/browser/branches/1.2

pcwriter
    Participant

@pcwriter

@electron88

Milestone 1.2.6 had a target date of 08/02/10.
    Notice the term “target”.
    It happens to us all now and then to miss a target.
    Now imagine, if you will, several dozen kind folks collaborating on a huge coding project with input and wild ideas from several HUNDRED others.
    In such a scenario, it is highly unlikely that the target date can be met.
    Expectations vis-à-vis this community seem to be, to say the least, unrealistic and somewhat unkind. Especially considering that most invest their time and knowledge in projects while asking for nothing in return.
    I would suggest you simply keep breathing; 1.2.6 will be available when it`s available.
    Meanwhile, 1.2.5 continues to function…

LPH2005
    Participant

@lph2005

@nuprn1

Since I’m a huge novice on SVN. Tortoise is installed, made subdirectory, do I point to

https://svn.buddypress.org/trunk/

then choose a revision or HEAD revision so that I only get 1.2 and not 1.3?

https://svn.buddypress.org/branches/1.2/ has 1.2.6

(always grab the zip too via the browser – https://trac.buddypress.org/browser/branches/1.2 at the bottom of the page – though it may not have bbpress bundled)

LPH2005
    Participant

@lph2005

@nuprn1

Thank you! That is far easier.

BuddyPress 1.2.6 will be out very, very soon.

modemlooper

@modemlooper

better late and less buggy than never :)

Armin
    Participant

@electron88

Hope to see this this month. Hopefully.

paulhastings0
    Participant

@paulhastings0

@djpaul :cough: ;)

John was going to put it out yesterday (Sunday) afternoon at WC NYC. John, Boone and I decided to grab a room which wasn’t planned for anything else and just wrote “BuddyPress” on the schedule. We thought we’d have a couple of questions and then time to get the release out and do some planning.

However, we had a fantastic response and had a lot of people coming in and asking all sorts of questions about BuddyPress. I want to let John release 1.2.6, as it’s his baby. I know John’s flying back home today — and I’m flying home tomorrow — so hopefully sometime this week? I really have nothing else to say other than sorry :)

thekmen
    Participant

@thekmen

I’m using latest branch which will be 1.2.6 on a pretty busy site at the moment (http://xfactor-updates.com/members/) and it’s extremely stable so far.
    One thing I would say is that if you are upgrading & using a custom theme, you will have to make some updates to your functions.php.
    Code to display join/leave group buttons and so on, secondary activity stream avatars as well as localisation for a few JS terms will need to be added.
    All required code can be found in the latest bp-themes/bp-default/functions.php

thekmen
    Participant

@thekmen

now, if only @jeffsayre would give me access to an early release of his Privacy plugin, I’d be a happy man… users crying out for it & a large test bed…

techguy
    Participant

@crashutah

Have you tried to make a contribution to: @jeffsayre It’s amazing what $$ can do to influence people.

thekmen
    Participant

@thekmen

RE: @crashutah – Have you tried to make a contribution to: @jeffsayre It’s amazing what $$ can do to influence people.
    In all fairness, I haven’t, but have offered to test & report feedback many times.

revolutionfrance
    Participant

@revolutionfrance

@thekmen I try copy/pasting from the functions.php, but I get a blank page…any clue why?

thekmen’s advise should be noted to refer to a true custom theme rather than a child theme.

If you are running as a ‘child theme’ i.e you are using and referencing the bp-default files – even if you have copied over some to customise then that is a child theme and you are still loading the original functions.php so DON’T copy anything in it over to your own file as that duplicates or attempts to call the same function twice and that results in problems.

Mark
    Participant

@markhahnel

Is 1.2.6 buddystream compatible ;)

thekmen
    Participant

@thekmen

@revolutionfrance @hnla is correct, I was talking about using a custom theme that doesn’t rely on the BP default theme.
    If you are using a child theme of the BP default theme, you wouldn’t need to copy the new functions over.

thekmen
    Participant

@thekmen

@crashutah TBH, I really need the @jeffsayre privacy plugin & still have no idea if it even requires custom template files if used on a non default theme…
    I expect it to be a top class plugin as its coded by a top class coder & want to support it as much as possible but it’s pretty difficult when you are refused access.

If it requires custom templates, I’d like to be ready & provide those theme files in any themes I make ‘BuddyPress’ ready.

Other than that, I have a large test base & would love to have been involved in the testing process without having to pay for being a guinea pig but by paying back with user feedback.

revolutionfrance
    Participant

@revolutionfrance

Ok…thanks, that’s reassuring :-) everything works fine now!

Pisanojm
    Participant

@pisanojm

Ok….. time to release 1.2.6 now everyone is back and the gang is all here…… :)

r-a-y
    Keymaster

@r-a-y

It’s out now, so I expect no more replies to this thread! :)

Okay, if you really want to say your prayers, here’s the blog post:

BuddyPress 1.2.6

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • The topic ‘Buddypress 1.2.6, 2 months late -.-’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar