Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

NavBar DropDown Menu: Is it possible to configure this to be 50% above + 50% below?

Participant

@online

When I use the NavBar (e.g. My Blogs), the menu drops *down*. Sometimes my mouse goes a little astray + then I lose the menu item + I have to start over.

I’m thinking this wasted effort could be reduced if half the items were above and half were below the current line.

Is something like that possible?

Or how about if it remained a “drop down” menu but started at the *TOP* of the current line instead of at the *bottom*?

Does any of this make sense to anyone? Am I the only person on Earth who thinks this way?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • I agree. This is a usability issue. You have to navigate the fly out menus with perfect right angles. People naturally mouse in direct diagonal lines… not right angles. The problem is that the BP menus are very lightweight (which is a good thing). They are almost pure CSS. To add in a mouse out delay or allow for diagonal mousing or whatever would require a lot of Javascript I imagine.

Magento has a really interesting solution to this however. They make the fly out menus physically overlap the parent menu by about 50%. Not sure exactly how it works and what JS might be involved… but it works great!

Participant

@online

Now that you mention how difficult the coding could be — how about using the keyboard more?

I use accesskeys on a lot of my websites — the navigation is so much simpler + faster! :D

Participant

@online

Access keys are cool but you’re probably one of about 0.00001% of web users / developers that actually use them :o)

Inactive

SALAM

Am Miss Sanica 22yrs from Ethiopia. Plz sorry for my embrassement to your profile (buddypress.org) I was only intrested and wanted to know if we can develope honest relationship. I wish it the will of Allah so we can start from here.
    But For better presentation kindly catch me direct with my mail box: sanicasara @live.fr

Al Hamdoulilahi
    From miss Sanica KAMSARA
    sanicasara @live.fr

Inactive

SALAM

Am Miss Sanica 22yrs from Ethiopia. Plz sorry for my embrassement to your profile (buddypress.org) I was only intrested and wanted to know if we can develope honest relationship. I wish it the will of Allah so we can start from here.
    But For better presentation kindly catch me direct with my mail box: sanicasara @live.fr

Al Hamdoulilahi
    From miss Sanica KAMSARA
    sanicasara @live.fr

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘NavBar DropDown Menu: Is it possible to configure this to be 50% above + 50% below?’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar