Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Nicer Permalinks for Vietnamese (with add-on of Thai characters)

• I have used the Nicer Permalinks for Vietnamese code to force my BuddyPress permalinks to show in Roman characters rather than Thai characters, because BuddyPress does not allow %post_id% in its permalink structure as far as I can tell. The Thai characters which automatically appeared in the permalink on the post page were a problem for my translation plugin (Transposh). Since I have multiple Thai authors on my site, I could not be sure they would always change the peramlink to Roman characters. If they forgot, their post would result in a broken link. So I just substituted random Roman characters for Thai in this script, and wanted to share in case anyone else was having the same problem.

Please note:
    1. This is NOT a phonetic transcription of the Thai letters; it is simply a hack to allow my BuddyPress permalinks to automatically display Roman characters because the Thai characters were confusing my translation plugin.
    2. I left the Vietnamese characters in the code.
    3. To use, simple install the Nicer Permalinks for Vietnamese plugin and copy below code over the existing code in the nicer-permalinks-for-vietnamese/np4v.php page in WordPress’s plugin editor.

Code available at this link: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-nicer-permalinks-for-vietnamese-nicer-permalinks-for-thai-in-buddypress?replies=1#post-1628880

Best wishes!

• The topic ‘Nicer Permalinks for Vietnamese (with add-on of Thai characters)’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar