Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Progress bar plugin

• Hi folks. I’m looking for a plugin but haven’t fund anything that does what I want. Maybe someone here’s seen it and can point me in the right direction.

I want a plugin that shows a progress bar beneath each profile. The web site in question is a community of writers and each one would need a progress bar to show how far along they are on their current writing project. They enter a word count target and their current number of words, and the plugin displays a progress bar alongside their profile.

Anyone seen anything like this?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • @nlvp ,Try this : https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/buddypress-profile-progression/

May be you can modify it to what you want

Nahum
    Participant

@nahummadrid

One way is show drafts for user(post author) with the wordcount next to it with the goal number set next to that. Draft Post Name (190 wds) / Goal (800wds) — This is actually something I’m going to try for a bp user stats page I’m working on. It’s not a visual progress bar but close you could probably build it out further to be visual. If I get it to work I’ll post it back here.

*edit I think I’ve came up with something pretty close to what i proposed. I just need to add a custom field for the post where you can enter the goal word count.

@naijaping : I think you overestimate my coding abilities :). While I’m familiar with PHP, the hooks and whatnot in WordPress and BB are a step beyond what I have the time to get my head around.

@nahummadrid : would love to see anything you get working.

Nahum
    Participant

@nahummadrid

@nlvp this is as far as I got…the goal number would have to be created manually instead of user being able to just enter it into a preset custom field. They’d have to make a custom field called Goal and enter the number.

`

<?php
    $args = array_merge( $wp_query->query, array( ‘post_type’ => ‘post’, ‘post_author’ => $bp->displayed_user->id,
    ‘post_status’ => ‘draft, pending’, ‘order’ => ‘DESC’, ‘posts_per_page’ => 1 ) );

query_posts($args);
    ?>

• /*This will show the current word count of the listed post */
      post_content));?>

/*This next piece is what I haven’t accomplished fully, it is supposed to show a custom field designated “goal” */

ID, “goal”, $single = true); ?>

`

place this in your member header. should work. maybe someone else can refine it for you and add that visual graphic progress bar. Also this is if your members are authors on the main site and that’s where the posts are.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Progress bar plugin’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar