Forum Replies Created
I have the same problem. I am very interested in options for how to address this issue. A related problem is that posts in private groups show up the activity streams for the person in question and are indexed for the entire web to see.
I don’t remember how I did it, but I had to edit out the entire activity stream section in profiles to avoid the problem. Unfortunately, it is not possible to disable the activity stream module, since it is used by notifications.
ah. I turned on the php error messages, and got this one when I tried to edit a profile (one of the things which gives the white screen of death after enabling the landing instructions).
Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /customers/8/9/1/gamephilosophy.org/httpd.www/wp-content/plugins/bp-custom.php:14) in /customers/8/9/1/gamephilosophy.org/httpd.www/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 896
Anyone that might know what this means?
I have tried to deavtivate all the plugins except Buddypress, but the problem still persists. I could really need some help with this, as I have put a lot of work into this site, and this issue is preventing from doing anything furher, and a deadline is looming.
1. Which version of WordPress are you running?
WordPress 3.8.1 running twentyelevenchild
2. Did you install WordPress as a directory or subdomain install?
3. If a directory install, is it in root or in a subdirectory?
4. Did you upgrade from a previous version of WordPress? If so, from which version?
No, I think I grabbed the latest files.
5. Was WordPress functioning properly before installing/upgrading BuddyPress (BP)? e.g. permalinks, creating a new post, commenting.
6. Which version of BP are you running?
7. Did you upgraded from a previous version of BP? If so, from which version?
I think it was a fresh install.
8. Do you have any plugins other than BuddyPress installed and activated? If so, which ones?
Right now, only Buddypress.
9. Are you using the standard BuddyPress themes or customized themes?
A customized twentyeleven.
10. Have you modified the core files in any way?
I have modified members-loop.php (to display slected fields) and functions.php (to exclude admin from being listed)
11. Do you have any custom functions in bp-custom.php?
Not any others
12. If running bbPress, which version? Or did your BuddyPress install come with a copy of bbPress built-in?
I disabled bbPress, the problem persists.
13. Please provide a list of any errors in your server’s log files.
Not available, as far as I know.
14. Which company provides your hosting?
15. Is your server running Windows, or if Linux; Apache, nginx or something else?
I’m back to exploring Buddypress, and I am experimenting with an install. I’d like to have a linkable public profile for the members without all this sort of information:
active 3 minutes ago
But only select fields (description, publications etc). I see a lot of technical info about customizing files etc when I search for this, some of it rather old. Is there perhaps a plugin that allow me to remove all this (to me) irrelevant information for non-logged-in users? It may well be there for the users when they are logged in. Perhaps it might be easier to simply create ordinary text-files for each user presentation that they can edit themselves.