Forum Replies Created
@Roger Coathup Thank you for your candid response. At least now I know there’s no way to add that functionality without just remaking something similar and new based off the old one.
1. Which version of WordPress are you running?
2. Did you install WordPress as a directory or subdomain install?
3. If a directory install, is it in root or in a subdirectory?
4. Did you upgrade from a previous version of WordPress? If so, from which version?
5. Was WordPress functioning properly before installing/upgrading BuddyPress (BP)? e.g.
permalinks, creating a new post, commenting.
Yes, and it still is
6. Which version of BP are you running?
7. Did you upgraded from a previous version of BP? If so, from which version?
8. Do you have any plugins other than BuddyPress installed and activated? If so, which ones?
nope n/a no conflicts
9. Are you using the standard BuddyPress themes or customized themes?
Frisco BPChild theme
10. Have you modified the core files in any way?
11. Do you have any custom functions in bp-custom.php?
12. If running bbPress, which version? Or did your BuddyPress install come with a copy of bbPress built-in?
13. Please provide a list of any errors in your server’s log files.
14. Which company provides your hosting?
15. Is your server running Windows, or if Linux; Apache, nginx or something else?
Nginx, fpm-php ubuntu
? This was really just a bump, I don’t think any of that info matters. My question is more of a developers question.
I’m about to give up on buddypress. They have something great going on, but how many devs are involved?
It must not be enough, or they need to get some forum people to help ping developers when something is up. Buddypress is good, but it’s so close to being great, and their 1.6 is getting back on a good track again.
My Question has no replies, and I’ve seen many older posts that are the same way. I wish there were a little more transparency into who does what around here. A “Meet the team” if you will, and a “Join our efforts” page really need to be showcased at the top….
Who could I contact about this issue?
Attention anyone please? I maybe new to the forums, but I’ve been a lurker for a long time. I would help more if I knew more about buddypress, but with the lack of community response It’s kind of a turn off.
I’m not trying to be rude, but I’m a little perplexed by this community. Any suggestions for me at all?
I’m doing something very similar, and I can see how the Order By dropdown could break easily.
I doubt after a year of no-replies I can expect much help either…