Forum Replies Created
Solution found! It wasn’t a BuddyPress issue, it’s a wordpress issue!
I contacted WordPress and found a solution. I thought I’d post it in case it comes up with someone else again:
That should mean that single sign on is causing trouble. To test that, navigate to My Site –> Settings –> Security in your WordPress.com dashboard, and disable the ‘Allow sign in using WordPress.com accounts’ option
This means that you will no longer be able to access your wp-admin area with your WordPress.com login information though. We’ll need to make sure we set you up with an account for your wp-admin area.
We’ll need to set you up with a password for your username for wp-admin.
You’ll need to go to WP-Admin > Users and then select your username from the list.
The problem is that on WordPress.com the option to allow WordPress.com sign in replaces the regular registration form that BuddyPress uses to allow users to sign in. So we need to disable this option to let the user’s sign in using only their Buddy Press log in without a WordPress.com account.
Hope this helps someone else
A few more details
1. Which version of WordPress are you running?
2. Did you install WordPress as a directory or subdomain install?
We access the wordpress site online
4. Did you upgrade from a previous version of WordPress? If so, from which version?
No, it’s a new website, build within the last two months
5. Was WordPress functioning properly before installing/upgrading BuddyPress (BP)? e.g. permalinks, creating a new post, commenting.
Yes, however we installed buddypress early on in the website’s creation.
6. Which version of BP are you running?
8. Do you have any plugins other than BuddyPress installed and activated? If so, which ones?
11 plugins (some were installed after the issue first occurred.
- Akismet Anti-Spam v4.1
- AMP v0.7.2
- bbp style pack v4.0.3
- bbPress v2.5.14
- Contact Form 7 v5.0.5
- Custom Twitter Feeds v1.2.10
- Flamingo v1.9
- Jetpack by WordPress.com v6.8.1
- MultiLine files for Contact Form 7 v1.2
- Peter’s Login Redirect v2.9.1 (after issue in an attempt to fix)
- The Events Calendar v4.7.1
9. Are you using the standard WordPress theme or customized theme? 10. Which theme do you use ?
Standard theme – Ixion v1.1.5-wpcom
11. Have you modified the core files in any way?
12. Do you have any custom functions in bp-custom.php?
Not that I know of
13. If running bbPress, which version? Or did your BuddyPress install come with a copy of bbPress built-in?
14. Please provide a list of any errors in your server’s log files.
Not sure how to access this
15. Which company provides your hosting?