Forum Replies Created
Wow! I finally found the solution after all kind of testing.
I’ll share my solution in case this helps someone in the same situation :
1. Open the forums tab in buddypress
2. Unsinstall group forums
3. delete the file bb-config.php from your wordpress root directory
4. uncheck the forums component from buddypress
5. Save the page settings in the settings tab
6. Save again the permalinks settings in wordpress
7. check the forums component in buddypress
8. click install group forums in buddypress forums tab
9. Go to admin settings of all the groups I created and click save again the settings
I’m not sure if all those steps are necessary, but I tried everything to make it work. hahaha
By the way I’m not using the bbpress plugin.
I telll you this because I read the codex about forum setup (https://codex.buddypress.org/getting-started/installing-group-and-sitewide-forums/#bp-group-forums) I’m wondering if I should install it ?
After I installed and activated buddypress with ALL the components, the group forums where already installed when opened the forums tab.
Is it compatible with the latest wordpress 3.3.2 ?
I followed your instructions and I changed the permalink settings to : http://domainname.com/sample-post/
The next step I’m not sure, but I open BuddyPress Pages Settings (Pages tab) and I click the “save” button beside each page and even click on the “save all” button.
I still get the same error…
@mercime I’m hosted in Linux and I didn’t change the default permalink.
@djpaul Yes the wp_bb_* tables where created : https://plus.google.com/photos/116544258067470611768/albums/5735086693996271025?authkey=CMWA9vrixuHbsgE
I installed a fresh wordpress + buddypress in a subdomain and I have the same problem…
@djpaul Yes, I installed Group Forums before creating the groups.
@mercime Sorry I forgot to mention :
1. Installed buddypress with group forums component
2. I created a group
3. I checked the admin settings of the group and “Enable discussion forum” is already checked
4. I try to create a topic and I get this error : “This group does not have a forum setup yet.”
What I already tried :
– remove/add the forum component
– uncheck/check “Enable discussion forum”
If try to create a topic from the forum directory :
1- fill the form
2- choose the group from the droplist
3- I get the error : “Please pick the group forum where you would like to post this topic.”