Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

1.5 upgrade existing profile fields will not move and save to other groups

• Nahum
    Participant

@nahummadrid

I’ve deactivated plugins just in case there was a conflict in the admin side .js but still no luck in trying to move existing profile fields to another group. Any ideas to reset or export/import Extended Profile Fields so we don’t lose anything.

I also tried unsaving and saving the Component setting for extend profile fields to see if that would jar anything. no luck.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Tammie Lister

@karmatosed

I’ve just given this a sanity check (all be it on a fresh site) and I was able to move from one group to another a field.

Can you confirm when you click and hold on the field and then move to the tab above (the one corresponding to the group you want to move into) it doesn’t work? That’s what worked for me.

Nahum
    Participant

@nahummadrid

*update

I ended up reinstalling wordpress and de/reactivating bp and it seems to have done the trick.

Tammie Lister

@karmatosed

Lol you beat me updating :). I’m not sure that a reinstall was required but glad it is working.

My only thoughts why the dragging wouldn’t work could be some scripting clash or browser cache.

Nahum
    Participant

@nahummadrid

what was strange is that it all worked on another site with fresh new profile fields, and also on another site with old profile fields but is a newer install. So this must be isolated to this one site that is much older, it usually causes me trouble. :)

Nahum
    Participant

@nahummadrid

…I wonder if the W3TC is causing a conflict…I did have it on on this trouble site and i didn’t turn it off while i was having trouble. I’ll see if the problem pops up again.

Tammie Lister

@karmatosed

I’m a thinking something squiffy is up with either another plugin or theme or browser cache on that one then. It would be using scripting for the drag and drop so perhaps that’s what is sticking.

Did you try using firebug or even the default BuddyPress 1.5 theme with no other plugins and browser cache cleared? Just trying to level the playing field.

That said if it works now you probably can’t test but worth noting for future maybe.

Nahum
    Participant

@nahummadrid

thanks @karmatosed – the other two sites are on default bp theme. while this dennis-the-menace is on a canvas child theme.

Tammie Lister

@karmatosed

Did you update that theme to the (if it has one) BuddyPress 1.5 version? I’m a thinking if you didn’t my theory over scripting could be the problem. Doesn’t ‘overly’ solve the how it’s working now but lets just consider that a positive :)

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘1.5 upgrade existing profile fields will not move and save to other groups’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar